ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Trout season in PA

The perch fishing was fantastic yesterday. My youngest son and I both limited out. The fish were all nice size, but we caught a dozen in the 13-14 inch class. I also caught a 3 pound large mouth. Beautiful day on the bay.

I know Smalls likes to fish this area. There is a stretch of creek right before the town of Martins Creek that was being fished hard yesterday. I talked to one angler and said not much being caught. We have had a ton of rain and the the water is very high. The Delaware River is swollen and brown when I went to Phillipsburg yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Yeah, I’ve been on the board for awhile; mostly just lurk and learn from those far more knowledgeable about wrestling (and pasta) than me. I wish I grew up near Slate Run. I grew up outside of Philly in Swarthmore, but my dad grew up in Williamsport. We’d go up there every summer, and we’d typically hit Slate Run and/or Pine Creek near Tiadaghton, as well as the Loyalsock. Slate Run/Pine creek remain some of my favorite places to fish, which is why I chose it for handle. Am in St. Louis now, where the fishing is limited, but better than expected. Was back in Slate Run area a year ago this month for first time in 30+ years. It’s beautiful. Would like to take a few weeks to a month and rent a cabin in that general area and just fish, but work is not too cooperative right now.
Have been fishing pine creek my whole life, great trout fishing, great black bass fishing especially if u can get a dozen stone catties. Lower part of the creek you can catch just about ever native fish Pa has.

Reactions: slaterun
Have been fishing pine creek my whole life, great trout fishing, great black bass fishing especially if u can get a dozen stone catties. Lower part of the creek you can catch just about ever native fish Pa has.
I haven't fished Pine yet. And dont fish Kettle very often. Always wanted to learn both. But it's hard when the First Fork is so loaded with fish and has pretty good hatches. It's only a mile from camp as well.

Another OT question for those in the know here. It's about gun's so I figured I would place it here.
I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used Geissele Super Duty Rifle 16 for a good asking price. I'm told they are made in PA. Anyone here familiar with them? I'm told they are good quality but I am not educated on them yet.

Another OT question for those in the know here. It's about gun's so I figured I would place it here.
I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used Geissele Super Duty Rifle 16 for a good asking price. I'm told they are made in PA. Anyone here familiar with them? I'm told they are good quality but I am not educated on them yet.

14.5? Pricy, save money for ammo.

14.5? Pricy, save money for ammo.
16" 5.56. The guy who is selling it is older and dying so he is getting rid of his collection slowly. He has so many guns, I know he has barely shot it. I also can tell by looking at it. I've just never held one before this & hardly heard of them. They are made in North Wales Pennsylvania evidently, which is why i brought it up here. From what I can tell they are newer to the already saturated market.

I have tons of ammo so I'm not worried about that.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
ADVERTISEMENT