ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tomlin's record and judgement (on advice from the upstairs booth) on challenges

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
I watch most Steelers games. I don't have the numbers on his success rate, but Tomlin's challenges don't always seem well-advised. He just challenged the spot on a pass to Switzer where he clearly did not make the line. The Steelers ended up losing a timeout. I was really surprised he challenged. I'm not even sure Switzer slid to the mark after he was tackled.

Edit: As was pointed out to me by another poster in the thread, Tomlin is getting advice from upstairs. Whoever that is, is doing a poor job.

Last edited:
all of the Steelers coaches need replaced. Another poor display again today. Tomlin is hanging on to his job for one reason only.

Tomlin is clueless regarding when to throw the challenge flag. The first challenge he made was useless. Does he have someone in the press box that relays the need to challenge? If he does he needs to fire them and get someone that can look at a TV screen and comprehend the game of football. I would recommend some posters here for the job......

This game looked like a re-run of what I saw at UnHappy Valley yesterday. Until Ben realized he had a few plays in the bag that could work and used them..... JuJu and AB to the rescue.

Tomlin is clueless regarding when to throw the challenge flag. The first challenge he made was useless. Does he have someone in the press box that relays the need to challenge? If he does he needs to fire them and get someone that can look at a TV screen and comprehend the game of football. I would recommend some posters here for the job......

This game looked like a re-run of what I saw at UnHappy Valley yesterday. Until Ben realized he had a few plays in the bag that could work and used them..... JuJu and AB to the rescue.

3-2-1 and right back into the thick of it.

Steelers are right back in it. Excellent! Great pass to your athletic receiver! That is the way to mix it up when it counts

I watch most Steelers games. I don't have the numbers on his success rate, but Tomlin's challenges don't always seem well-advised. He just challenged the spot on a pass to Switzer where he clearly did not make the line. The Steelers ended up losing a timeout. I was really surprised he challenged. I'm not even sure Switzer slid to the mark after he was tackled.
All challenges are initiated from the upstairs booth. ThE coach upstairs may be the one that needs to be changed, from field level Tomlin can’t see well enough to make those decisions. All the Head coaches rely on the coach upstairs.

All challenges are initiated from the upstairs booth. ThE coach upstairs may be the one that needs to be changed, from field level Tomlin can’t see well enough to make those decisions. All the Head coaches rely on the coach upstairs.
Yeah, of course. Title thread should be "Steelers record ... " Thanks. The coach upstairs is probably at least worthy of review.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT