ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Time’s Person of the Year is “The Silence Breakers”

I don't know. Ask him. I am simply assuming that he believes had the University fired Jerry after 1998 none of this would have pu the Unuversity in the position it had been.
yeah....problem is, had they fired him and he truly was innocent, JS would have sued the University and that (along with the PR) would have cost them millions (perhaps tens of millions).

How do you fire someone who no longer works for you?
There were accusations prior to his retirement. Even if there was no evidence to substantiate them at the time. Had they erred on the side of caution we wouldn't have this mess. Which is why employers should act differently than a court of law. Everyone is under the impression life should be fair...it isn't. If it were I'd have been born the only child of Bill Gates.

There were accusations prior to his retirement. Even if there was no evidence to substantiate them at the time. Had they erred on the side of caution we wouldn't have this mess. Which is why employers should act differently than a court of law. Everyone is under the impression life should be fair...it isn't. If it were I'd have been born the only child of Bill Gates.

I agree, but in firing JS in 1998, they would have opened themselves up to other litigation.

No good answers today and in this climate. If you have an employee accused of a crime, you'd better guess right.

Accusations by who? When?

So you're saying that had the university violated Jerry's rights, all would be well?

Just to show how big a mess of this is....

Alyssa Milano created the idea of #MeToo on twitter and has been a darling of the movement. Apparently, she (Milano) came out with positive comments about Weinstein's wife (who has since filed for divorce).

• Rose McGowan (first to make a big splash and costar with Milano) tweeted "You make me want to vomit. You actually gave me a body flashback. Well done, fake one," later stating "Alyssa, maybe you and Georgina (Weinstein's wife) can call up Camille Cosby."
  • Asia Argento said "Milano is no bueno" (no good).
Just to point out that this is so nuts.

See the link below. From the article:

“Time magazine has named "The Silence Breakers," representing people who came forward to report sexual misconduct, as its Person of the Year.

It's a recognition of the cultural reckoning this year and the #MeToo movement, which represents the people, mostly women, who have fueled a worldwide discussion about sexual harassment and assault.”

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/06/media/time-person-of-the-year-2017/index.html
Next year it'll be the Wind Breakers...heard a number of guys on this board are in contention...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT