ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Tiger

Interesting question to me is whether people would think his great golfing achievements overbalance and are worth the many failures and disappointments he has had. The last 30 or so years of his life will probably be spent with very bad back pain. Also, bad knees. The embarrassment of his affairs. The pain and embarrassment of his recent car crash.

If I was Tiger and had to choose between a reasonably successful upper middle class life without the golf championships and the golf championships with the many downsides, I would pass on the golf championships.

Interesting question to me is whether people would think his great golfing achievements overbalance and are worth the many failures and disappointments he has had. The last 30 or so years of his life will probably be spent with very bad back pain. Also, bad knees. The embarrassment of his affairs. The pain and embarrassment of his recent car crash.

If I was Tiger and had to choose between a reasonably successful upper middle class life without the golf championships and the golf championships with the many downsides, I would pass on the golf championships.
and that is exactly why you are not Tiger or some other HOF sports figure. Or me. Or 99.9% of us.

it is an interesting question. basically, what is worth the price? Tiger lives a lavish lifestyle complete with a yacht and has an open door to world leaders at any time. He'll never have to worry about anything other than health from here on out.

I don't fault him for the car accident. he was late, somebody was blocking the valet, he was speeding and got into a car crash. It happens. But he has certainly mismanaged his marriage. Now, he's in a situation where he can't trust any woman as a partner because he doesn't know if she is in love with "Tiger" or "Eldrick" (she probably doesn't know either).

A friend once asked me if I'd give up a week of my life to sleep with Pam Anderson (in her heyday). I said it depends on if it is a week in my 30's, 40's or 50's or that awful last week when I am in a nursing home and hurting.

The bottom line is that Tiger can walk away from the game at any time. In the end, may we all have choices.

Was always surprised we didn’t see lips of him doing rehab. Showing how hard he was working and all that stuff. For one thing, super star athletes live on attention. Another is that his sponsors would want him in the public eye. And his agent would too. Maybe he signed some deal for a documentary that will be coming out soon now that he is going public.

They said that Adam T wouldnt walk again, that small hands town didnt have the size or speed for KKKirby to be all SEC safety either but he wanted to beat Bama by enough to offend Spurrier's senses- in ordst that they dont come back like Jason Keuger in the playoph.

tiger just gave an interview for the first time since his wreck. he's planning on playing again but not being on the tour as a regular. He'll pick and choose when and where he plays.

He’s done that most of his career.

I don't fault him for the car accident. he was late, somebody was blocking the valet, he was speeding and got into a car crash. It happens. But he has certainly mismanaged his marriage. Now, he's in a situation where he can't trust any woman as a partner because he doesn't know if she is in love with "Tiger" or "Eldrick" (she probably doesn't know either).

You don't fault him for the car accident? Wow. I do. He was going 38 MPH over the speed limit. And he had a history of bad driving even before that. And despite all that, he wasn't given a citation nor did the police feel the need to check his phone records to see if he was on the phone at the time. I bet 90% of car accident fatalities could be avoided if the public and the authorities would prioritize people taking care to drive safely.

Know that (former) LV Raider that hit and killed someone recently while going a cajillion MPH? Last year he did the same thing (except without killing someone) and his girlfriend was in the car taking video of it and afterwards she put it up on Youtube.

You don't fault him for the car accident? Wow. I do. He was going 38 MPH over the speed limit. And he had a history of bad driving even before that. And despite all that, he wasn't given a citation nor did the police feel the need to check his phone records to see if he was on the phone at the time. I bet 90% of car accident fatalities could be avoided if the public and the authorities would prioritize people taking care to drive safely.

Know that (former) LV Raider that hit and killed someone recently while going a cajillion MPH? Last year he did the same thing (except without killing someone) and his girlfriend was in the car taking video of it and afterwards she put it up on Youtube.
Exactly. Let’s just give the guy a pass on reckless driving. Shit happens.

All that did was further enable a guy who’s been enabled since he was about 16. Guy’s lucky he doesn’t look like a gargoyle after that crash - Louis Freeh style.

Exactly. Let’s just give the guy a pass on reckless driving. Shit happens.

All that did was further enable a guy who’s been enabled since he was about 16. Guy’s lucky he doesn’t look like a gargoyle after that crash - Louis Freeh style.
Couldn’t agree more.

If he has to earn his way back on to the tour, you will never see him again on the tour.
He won't have to earn his way. Virtually wherever he wants to play, he will receive a special exemption. In addition to his enormous golf achievements, he would also be a draw for spectators to any golf tournament.

Would add that there was a nice little touch to his golf video where he called Ben Hogan, Mr. Hogan. Nice sign of respect for Hogan and the traditions of the game.

it is an interesting question. basically, what is worth the price? Tiger lives a lavish lifestyle complete with a yacht and has an open door to world leaders at any time. He'll never have to worry about anything other than health from here on out.

A friend once asked me if I'd give up a week of my life to sleep with Pam Anderson (in her heyday). I said it depends on if it is a week in my 30's, 40's or 50's or that awful last week when I am in a nursing home and hurting.

The bottom line is that Tiger can walk away from the game at any time. In the end, may we all have choices.
Different types of people. Tiger is a competitor and is only happy when competing. I totally understand his desire to make a comeback rather than lounge away his life.

He said he came very close to losing his leg. It was so bad that doctors discuss amputation with him. Said he is just glad to be walking.
His troubles over the last 10 years have been self inflicted. Still, he’s gotten off the deck, dusted himself off and kept going. Not everyone is able to do that.

He won't have to earn his way. Virtually wherever he wants to play, he will receive a special exemption. In addition to his enormous golf achievements, he would also be a draw for spectators to any golf tournament.

Would add that there was a nice little touch to his golf video where he called Ben Hogan, Mr. Hogan. Nice sign of respect for Hogan and the traditions of the game.
He doesn't need an exemption. He's automatically qualified based on achievements for life. I believe his biggest problem will be walking a championship course; not simply hitting the shots. No carts until he's 50 on the Champions Tour.

He doesn't need an exemption. He's automatically qualified based on achievements for life. I believe his biggest problem will be walking a championship course; not simply hitting the shots. No carts until he's 50 on the Champions Tour.
Interesting question as to whether under the federal handicap act he is entitled to a cart under the supreme Court ruling that required the tour to provide a cart for his teammate at Stanford, whose name I can't remember right now.

He will be welcomed at any tour event because he will sell tickets, generate massive tv ratings for the event, and generate lots of clicks and coverage, generate sales for his sponsors. All he has to do is show up, make the cut, and finish. Doesn’t matter how high.

But making the cut will be a challenge.

He will be welcomed at any tour event because he will sell tickets, generate massive tv ratings for the event, and generate lots of clicks and coverage, generate sales for his sponsors. All he has to do is show up, make the cut, and finish. Doesn’t matter how high.

But making the cut will be a challenge.
I listened to the whole interview and he realizes that he cannot compete at a top level for a whole year now. He hopes that maybe we can play four or five tournaments a year and be competitive, similar to the way Ben Hogan was after Hogan had his car accident.

There are no redos in life. He has to be judged on balance.

ADVERTISEMENT