ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" now on Netflix.

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
1974, Eastwood and Jeff Bridges, directed by Michael Cimino ("The Deer Hunter," and "Heaven's Gate."). Not a classic but still an entirely enjoyable two hours.
search

1974, Eastwood and Jeff Bridges, directed by Michael Cimino ("The Deer Hunter," and "Heaven's Gate."). Not a classic but still an entirely enjoyable two hours.
search
its been IFC or something lately as well. I re watched it several times. Enjoyable flick.

Reactions: LionJim
its been IFC or something lately as well. I re watched it several times. Enjoyable flick.
It's nice to watch Jeff Bridges in his early films. Compared to, say, Paul Newman, Bridges was great from the get-go, "The Last Picture Show, "Fat City," "Heaven's Gate." Bridges got his first Oscar nomination for "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot," when he was 25. And, as Newman himself did, he's gotten better with age.

It's nice to watch Jeff Bridges in his early films. Compared to, say, Paul Newman, Bridges was great from the get-go, "The Last Picture Show, "Fat City," "Heaven's Gate." Bridges got his first Oscar nomination for "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot," when he was 25. And, as Newman himself did, he's gotten better with age.
interesting as I did not know he was nominated for Thunderbolt and lightfoot. I always liked the Bridges, as I was a big fan of Lloyd in 'Sea Hunt'. As a kid I loved that show. I saw a documentary one time about the family, there was a clip of them actually going scuba diving, and Jeff and Beau getting on Lloyd calling him the great Mike Nelson.

interesting as I did not know he was nominated for Thunderbolt and lightfoot. I always liked the Bridges, as I was a big fan of Lloyd in 'Sea Hunt'. As a kid I loved that show. I saw a documentary one time about the family, there was a clip of them actually going scuba diving, and Jeff and Beau getting on Lloyd calling him the great Mike Nelson.
Yeah, it must have been really cool growing up in that family.

Oh, one early film of his that I’ve never seen is “The Iceman Cometh,“ doing Eugene O’Neill in 1974 with Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, and Fredric March. That’s definitely #1 on my “haven’t seen but need to” list. Three hours and fifty-nine minutes, just so you know.

“Fearless” very good, totally convincing acting out an unbelievable plot.

“Arlington Road.”
I love Arlington Road. Every time there is a something I always think back to this and wonder what or who is it really. It is what they are telling us

ADVERTISEMENT