ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This week's edition of "That's so 2021"

NewEra 2014

Jan 3, 2014
I have a relative who has a 12 year old boy who has decided he is a girl. They live in a rural area, so they have to travel several hours to a larger city to find a doctor who will give the boy hormone blockers. The family (including a 9 year old girl who--true story--thinks she's a cat) made the trip yesterday and have to get tested for COVID before the boy's procedure. They all test negative, except for the 12 year old. The doctor wants to cancel the procedure and reschedule, but they convince the doctor to do the procedure anyway because of the travel involved in getting to an appointment.

I ask why the boy hasn't been vaccinated for COVID. The parents think it is dangerous to vaccinate their child for COVID. But I guess it is perfectly OK to give him hormone blockers. SMH.

• Wow
Reactions: bison13 and Ski
Gee, why do they think the covid vaccine is dangerous for kids? Why does the doctor think the vaccine is needed if the kid already has immunity?

Last edited:
Well, this has been a pretty fascinating 15 minutes. No one has expressed outrage that the original post did not offer support for the child's choice, but in fact looked down on it.

Well, this has been a pretty fascinating 15 minutes. No one has expressed outrage that the original post did not offer support for the child's choice, but in fact looked down on it.
So how often does this happen in China? Or S America? Or Russia? Or Africa? Or India? Or the ME?

The child is going to grow up to become the best version of herself she can be. I don’t think the desire to be something you’re not is outrageous at all, especially in this modern age. But to the OP’s point, it SHOULD be outrageous that the inmates are running the asylum in his telling. In the midst of a global pandemic, there is a doctor willing to overlook a patient’s contraction of the illness to perform a cosmetic procedure out of convenience to the parents so they won’t have to make a second long trip. Oh, and the kid - that’s right, KID - possibly wouldn’t have the disease (thus not inconveniencing her parents) if they would’ve allowed her to get a far less invasive (and free) vaccine. There are so many red flags in this tale, that I’m shocked people haven’t lost their license and/or parental rights.

ADVERTISEMENT