ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This country is doomed

Can we move the deer crossing sign further from my house? They keep stopping on thier way to cross the street to eat my flowers!

Reactions: LionJim
We need an EMP attack. Send everyone back to 1840 technologically and watch hipsters and another nonessential folks (e.g. Goldman Sachs execs) die in droves.

Hipsters and Millenials.
I say society is gone and its only the strong survive, zombie apocalypse type stuff after 3 days.
Get that "classic" car with the carburtor out of the garage. LOL.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I read through this whole thread to ask you to check the date on it to see if was printed this century, but this post killed it.

I commend you on keeping your ritual. It's easy to get sucked into the online news cycle which inevitably leads to a more myopic view of the world.
------Buy two Sunday papers every week. Takes all week to read them all. Like paper articles because they are usually longer and more detailed than online articles. And it is amazing how often the last two paragraphs say the rest of the article is all BS, conjecture, and/or opinion.
Plus, when reading through the paper I always see some other articles I would not have seen and read online. Makes me a more well read, better informed person.
Best, I can read it on the toilet and then throw it away. Think of all them techies reading their devices on the commode and carrying that around all day!!!!

I read through this whole thread to ask you to check the date on it to see if was printed this century, but this post killed it.

I commend you on keeping your ritual. It's easy to get sucked into the online news cycle which inevitably leads to a more myopic view of the world.
------Buy two Sunday papers every week. Takes all week to read them all. Like paper articles because they are usually longer and more detailed than online articles. And it is amazing how often the last two paragraphs say the rest of the article is all BS, conjecture, and/or opinion.
Plus, when reading through the paper I always see some other articles I would not have seen and read online. Makes me a more well read, better informed person.
Best, I can read it on the toilet and then throw it away. Think of all them techies reading their devices on the commode and carrying that around all day!!!!

Hipsters and Millenials.
I say society is gone and its only the strong survive, zombie apocalypse type stuff after 3 days.
Get that "classic" car with the carburtor out of the garage. LOL.
My plan is to make it to my colleague's ranch. He's a classic Texan - knows how to hunt and fish and make mean Margaritas. Also has a small solar array. I told him I'd be his indentured servant in the event the s-it goes down ;)

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT