ADVERTISEMENT

OT The Walking Dead just jumped the shark

Haha—you are correct, sir. I can’t remember a show where someone posts that it has jumped the shark roughly every other episode.

Is the WD a great example of what's wrong with our society? I'm watching tonights episode and I every other word out of Negan's mouth is 'dick'. Is that really appropriate? My 10YO old might not be up at 10pm to see this kind of language on TV, but a 14YO or 16YO would be. What the hell has happened to society/

Nobody could be as dumb as the Rick and Darryl duo

They lost me during Season 2's 'Let's Just Stay At The Farmhouse For the Whole Season!' plotline. I guess it's been revealed that budget/creative issues were the reason for that, but still - never got back into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A show about a zombie apocalypse jumped the shark when they decided to actually produce and air it.

Is the WD a great example of what's wrong with our society? I'm watching tonights episode and I every other word out of Negan's mouth is 'dick'. Is that really appropriate? My 10YO old might not be up at 10pm to see this kind of language on TV, but a 14YO or 16YO would be. What the hell has happened to society/

They here far worse in school and social media these days

For me it happened this season, episode 1, when they let Negan tap dance and talk smack for 3 mins, right in front of 20+ automatic weapons...and then they all missed. H Bummer. I really liked the early, wandering the post-apocalyptic landscape episodes.

Reactions: Nitt1300
And then after missing Negan, they proceeded to waste all their ammo on upper story windows where no one was firing back?

And then after missing Negan, they proceeded to waste all their ammo on upper story windows where no one was firing back?
I believe shooting out the windows above was purposeful for some sort of long range plan they have. However, I would agree that the show has declined--primarily due to the producers/writers trying to stretch out plotlines and tease the audience (ala Glenn dead/not dead under the dumpster) for ratings. Also, just my opinion but I thought the comic book declined in quality at the point Negan was introduced and continues to just be meandering issues of violence.

Kirkman showed originality in the first 60-80 issues of Walking Dead but he has been quoted that he has no interest in exploring how/why the zombie afflication started nor does he know how it will end. If he has no idea what the big picture is in terms of plotting out an end, we get these aimless plotlines that just repeat themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT