ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The 10 greatest college basketball programs all-time

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
I "only" go back to the late '60s and am unfamiliar with the great Philadelphia college programs' success prior to that.

I'm interested in seeing which basketball programs overcome personal bias to make your top 10 and those that make it by consensus.

Here are 11 that merit consideration since the late '60s (in alphabetical order):
Duke
Georgetown
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisville
Michigan State
North Carolina
Syracuse
UCLA
Villanova

Which schools are in your all-time top 10?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Obvious ones are UCLA (11 titles), Kentucky (8), NC (6), Duke (5), Indiana (5), Kansas (4) Second tier could be in any order but overall titles are a good place to start. UConn (4 titles), Villanova (3), Louisville (2), Michigan State(2), Arizona (1), Syracuse (1), and Georgetown (1). Honorable Mention to Michigan but we'll leave them off of the list as they have no titles. If I had to cut it to 10 only I'd get rid of Georgetown and Syracuse because I despise them and they have not won multiple titles. Arizona takes 10th for me because they were really consistent under Lute Olson and made the final 4 a bunch of times. I am a Villanova fan and confess my bias.

Reactions: john4psu
Obvious ones are UCLA (11 titles), Kentucky (8), NC (6), Duke (5), Indiana (5), Kansas (4) Second tier could be in any order but overall titles are a good place to start. UConn (4 titles), Villanova (3), Louisville (2), Michigan State(2), Arizona (1), Syracuse (1), and Georgetown (1). Honorable Mention to Michigan but we'll leave them off of the list as they have no titles. If I had to cut it to 10 only I'd get rid of Georgetown and Syracuse because I despise them and they have not won multiple titles. Arizona takes 10th for me because they were really consistent under Lute Olson and made the final 4 a bunch of times. I am a Villanova fan and confess my bias.
Thank you for mentioning Arizona and UConn. Deserving to be considered.

ADVERTISEMENT