ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Texas 6A State Championship Game this Saturday night... incredible subplots

ericstratton-rushchairman

May 20, 2005
Dallas TX
Great story down here as Westlake (Austin) faces off against Southlake Carroll (DFW area) Saturday night at AT&T Stadium. Westlake is the school of Drew Brees and Nick Foles... and the SC starting QB is the 5-star Quinn Ewers who has a perfect recruiting score and is headed to O$U (after decommitting to Texas).

The great side story is the current Southlake's HC is the son of the current Westlake HC.

Oh ya... I just spent $300 for two tickets.

Great story down here as Westlake (Austin) faces off against Southlake Carroll (DFW area) Saturday night at AT&T Stadium. Westlake is the school of Drew Brees and Nick Foles... and the SC starting QB is the 5-star Quinn Ewers who has a perfect recruiting score and is headed to O$U (after decommitting to Texas).

The great side story is the current Southlake's HC is the son of the current Westlake HC.

The Westlake HS has a really good QB prospect ('22) some said could receive a PSU offer since he was being recruited by Yurcich.

Kinda like Pettine Sr. vs Pettine Jr. only with better talent
51bg46f6CuL.jpg

Westlake's upset of Galena Park North Shore last week was an incredible game. The Houston area is down to Katy and Crosby this weekend.

Reactions: NOLADan

Is the game being televised?

My brother lives maybe three miles from Westlake and all three of his kids went and graduated from there.

So that’s who I’m rooting for!

You know Sark may even be at that game. If you see him buy him a couple of beers on me. Just as well get him off to a rousing start. If he thought those meddlesome boosters in LA were a problem just wait till he catches hell the first time Oklahoma spanks his ass.

My brother lives maybe three miles from Westlake and all three of his kids went and graduated from there.

Your brother is sitting on a goldmine. All the CA transplants are blowing up the real estate market in Austin.

Rooting for Katy Tigers! My friend’s son is playing in the game. Cedar Hill will be tough. They won a couple state championships.
The one thing I have never understood is why does Texas crown two state champions for each class (6A - Div 1 and 6A Div 2). I guess you have to make adjustments when you have over 1200 high schools but it still seems weird that there are two champions per class.

The one thing I have never understood is why does Texas crown two state champions for each class (6A - Div 1 and 6A Div 2). I guess you have to make adjustments when you have over 1200 high schools but it still seems weird that there are two champions per class.
Cash money. The more state playoff games the more money the UIL rakes in. Everything’s bigger in Texas.

Your brother is sitting on a goldmine. All the CA transplants are blowing up the real estate market in Austin.

He’s been in Austin since he graduated from SMU’s law school back in the mid-70s.....it feels like Austin’s been exploding ever since!

But you’re right, Austin seems to be THE most popular place in the country for transplants and transplanted businesses from CA.

Reactions: PearlandLion
I decided to bite the bullet and pay the $$$ to go because I am dying for something normal. I was going to scoop up a few tickets to the "Rose Bowl" but they were $500 each for nose bleed seats
All three of my daughters graduated from Southlake Carroll and we all spent many a Friday evening attending games. An excellent experience for my family.....excellent academics blended with an excellent athletic program.

All three of my daughters graduated from Southlake Carroll and we all spent many a Friday evening attending games. An excellent experience for my family.....excellent academics blended with an excellent athletic program.
My step daughter, son-in-law and 3 kids (all under 8) moved from Austin to Southlake last April. They absolutely love everything about Southlake. We live over in far north Dallas, so about a 30 min drive. A drive my wife makes 2-3 times a week to help with the kids during this craziness. I can't wait for the grandkids to start moving through the school system. I love Texas HS football.

My step daughter, son-in-law and 3 kids (all under 8) moved from Austin to Southlake last April. They absolutely love everything about Southlake. We live over in far north Dallas, so about a 30 min drive. A drive my wife makes 2-3 times a week to help with the kids during this craziness. I can't wait for the grandkids to start moving through the school system. I love Texas HS football.
McKinney ISD has arguably the best high school stadium in Texas. My in-laws are in Prosper.

I worked about 50 yards from the north fence of the stadium for about a year. During the fall, the band would start tuning up daily around 3 and practice for 2+ hours. I generally work late and would have to drive through the booster club setting up shop on Friday nights - they used our lot as overflow for tailgating. It’s crazy.

I worked about 50 yards from the north fence of the stadium for about a year. During the fall, the band would start tuning up daily around 3 and practice for 2+ hours. I generally work late and would have to drive through the booster club setting up shop on Friday nights - they used our lot as overflow for tailgating. It’s crazy.

Before my folks passed, I would hit the Domino’s and the drug store (People’s Pharmacy?) right across the street from Westlake. For the last 7 & 12 years of their lives they lived in Querencia, just a couple hundred yards from the entrance to the Barton Creek Hotel.

I must have missed my invite😜
HA HA my friend... I am actually taking the buddy that took me to the World Series. You met him at the PSU/Washington game. Believe it or not these tickets are more than the WS tickets. Plus my nephew runs the entire AV department at Westlake and is headed up with the team. Should be a great game.

Reactions: TXHILL89
Before my folks passed, I would hit the Domino’s and the drug store (People’s Pharmacy?) right across the street from Westlake. For the last 7 & 12 years of their lives they lived in Querencia, just a couple hundred yards from the entrance to the Barton Creek Hotel.
Yup - that’s the pharmacy. I worked with some health nuts and they’d walk there for their special Kambucha.

He’s been in Austin since he graduated from SMU’s law school back in the mid-70s.....it feels like Austin’s been exploding ever since!

But you’re right, Austin seems to be THE most popular place in the country for transplants and transplanted businesses from CA.

Yep either Austin or Frisco.

Yup. Part of a $200m city wide bond package for the ISD. The back story is McKinney is right next to Allen. A few years before this project was approved Allen build a $60m stadium funded as well with a bond measure. Allen is the where Kyler Murray played QB and was 42-0 as a starter.

Priorities. Thanks!

Did the season get pushed back or do they normally play this late into the new year?

Reactions: psuno1
Westlake's upset of Galena Park North Shore last week was an incredible game. The Houston area is down to Katy and Crosby this weekend.
I watched that game on TV last weekend...Northshore was absolutely loaded. I went to NRG Stadium last year to see them dismantle Katy on their way to their second straight state title. Given what Northshore had coming back, I was absolutely shocked that Westlake won that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT