ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steven Avery and OJ Simpson

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
very interesting blog post on racked.com talking about the Avery case and Simpson:

LINK

fills in some of the gaps on the alleged faults of Making a Murderer, but even more interesting the author was right:

I was completely unaware of the compelling case that Jason Simpson killed Nicole and Ron.

I have always felt OJ didn't do it, but was there. I never heard this evidence that kind of makes sense now.

ultimately, though, it is a pretty clear indictment of the influence of money on the criminal justice system . . .

Reactions: francofan
My God. If you think he didn't do it, explain the blood trail from the murder scene into his vehicle and back into his house. I've never seen a murder case with so much physical evidence in my life. Those people on the jury were hell bent on letting him go from day one! The judge was an absolute wimp who allowed the charade to go on and on through the preliminary hearing for weeks, and the trial for months.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
My God. If you think he didn't do it, explain the blood trail from the murder scene into his vehicle and back into his house. I've never seen a murder case with so much physical evidence in my life. Those people on the jury were hell bent on letting him go from day one! The judge was an absolute wimp who allowed the charade to go on and on through the preliminary hearing for weeks, and the trial for months.

And not one shred of evidence pointing toward him not doing it.

The physical evidence in the O.J. case was totally compelling to anyone not totally biased, which the jury was. Simpson's lawyers based their case on the theory that the police rigged the evidence and that's all the jury needed.

very interesting blog post on racked.com talking about the Avery case and Simpson:

LINK

fills in some of the gaps on the alleged faults of Making a Murderer, but even more interesting the author was right:

I was completely unaware of the compelling case that Jason Simpson killed Nicole and Ron.

I have always felt OJ didn't do it, but was there. I never heard this evidence that kind of makes sense now.

ultimately, though, it is a pretty clear indictment of the influence of money on the criminal justice system . . .

I found the blog post interesting as well. I don't have any doubt that OJ was involved and I think that probably OJ acted alone, but I cannot rule out that Jason or someone else was involved. Regarding alleged police misconduct; Mark Fuhrman did lie when he said he never used the n-word, but I believe that that had no bearing on OJ's guilt.

Regarding the Avery case, it is not clear to me whether or not Steve Avery and/or Brendan Dassey had any involvement in the death of Teresa Halbach. There clearly was police misconduct in the rape case with not sharing potentially exculpatory evidence among other things. In the murder case, the actions of Dassey's lawyer and investigator in convincing Dassey to confess were egregious IMO. I am not sure if Dassey had any involvement, but it sure seems like he didn't get a fair shake. Steve Avery seemed like he had good lawyers in his murder trial, but I am not sure if the jury got the verdict right or wrong.

Reactions: simons96
I found the blog post interesting as well. I don't have any doubt that OJ was involved and I think that probably OJ acted alone, but I cannot rule out that Jason or someone else was involved. Regarding alleged police misconduct; Mark Fuhrman did lie when he said he never used the n-word, but I believe that that had no bearing on OJ's guilt.

Regarding the Avery case, it is not clear to me whether or not Steve Avery and/or Brendan Dassey had any involvement in the death of Teresa Halbach. There clearly was police misconduct in the rape case with not sharing potentially exculpatory evidence among other things. In the murder case, the actions of Dassey's lawyer and investigator in convincing Dassey to confess were egregious IMO. I am not sure if Dassey had any involvement, but it sure seems like he didn't get a fair shake. Steve Avery seemed like he had good lawyers in his murder trial, but I am not sure if the jury got the verdict right or wrong.

my biggest issue with Dassey is his lack of competent legal representation. The kid had a low IQ and would have said the Earth was flat after a few hours with the cops.

as for OJ, I've said repeatedly I believe he was present for the murder. but there are a lot of inconsistencies that indicate someone else had to be involved.

he eventually got whatever justice I think he deserved.

ADVERTISEMENT