ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Spam on New Company Phone

Langmuir

May 8, 2016
My company recently instituted a policy where if you use your own phone for company email/business that you have to accept that they have certain rights on your phone including the ability to wipe your phone. I refused to accept that and told them if they want me to answer emails off-hours/weekends/vacations (which I do all the time), that I would need to be given a company phone. My boss agreed, but this is not really the point of this post.

The point is that I have had this phone less than 24 hours and I have not even told my coworkers the new number. But in that time I have received 5 spam phone calls and 2 spam text messages. I am not sure why it is so much worse than on my personal phone. When is the telecommunications industry going to get their act together? This phone is looking like it is going to be more of a burden to me than a tool to help me get my work done.

Reactions: psu1969a
It's not your phone. The spam calls are spoofing robo calls. Annoying, but unfortunately they are impossible to stop.

Reactions: Art
Actually after a little investigative work, I found out why I am getting so many calls...about 5 more since my post this morning. Some of the calls are debt collectors. I found the guy who had this number before and it appears he also had multiple arrests. I am asking IT to get me a new number.

Reactions: cment
Actually after a little investigative work, I found out why I am getting so many calls...about 5 more since my post this morning. Some of the calls are debt collectors. I found the guy who had this number before and it appears he also had multiple arrests. I am asking IT to get me a new number.
They stop after about 7 years. If anyone knows a Donald Kirk please tell him he owes a lot of people money. I have finally stopped receiving debt collector calls for him.

ADVERTISEMENT