ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Some parents....just don’t get it.

whart

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2004
Fort Worth TX
I stopped by Walmart last evening to pick up a few things. As you enter the store everyone is greeted and checked for face covering compliance. Directly behind me was a father with his two young kids with the father not wearing a face covering. When greeted in a professional / friendly manner by store personnel, he was politely notified that face coverings are mandatory by local law and by Walmart. He started to become belligerent and said “ I don’t have to comply with that F’n rule “ and brushed past the employees and entered the store. It was obvious that store personnel are instructed to not confront such folks further. What a poor example to set in front of kids ! I could not decide what pissed me off more.....his setting a poor example...or....his potentially endangering others health? Just wanted to vent about this knucklehead.

I stopped by Walmart last evening to pick up a few things. As you enter the store everyone is greeted and checked for face covering compliance. Directly behind me was a father with his two young kids with the father not wearing a face covering. When greeted in a professional / friendly manner by store personnel, he was politely notified that face coverings are mandatory by local law and by Walmart. He started to become belligerent and said “ I don’t have to comply with that F’n rule “ and brushed past the employees and entered the store. It was obvious that store personnel are instructed to not confront such folks further. What a poor example to set in front of kids ! I could not decide what pissed me off more.....his setting a poor example...or....his potentially endangering others health? Just wanted to vent about this knucklehead.
and he's feel abused if someone punched him in the face for getting too close

Reactions: ralphster

Why are you so upset by someone's personal decision?

LdN

I stopped by Walmart
Didn’t need to read any more to know that this was going to go down hill fast. I actually like Walmart, but since the pandemic and the closing of zoos, carnivals, schools, businesses, and freak shows it’s become America’s amusement center.

Why are you so upset by someone's personal decision?
LdN

He is abusing the constitutional rights of the corporation. They are people now, remember.

Why are you defending someone for walking into a place of business and refusing to listen to the rules the business has put in place? He has absolutely no right to be there and do as he wishes. He is on private property.

He is abusing the constitutional rights of the corporation. They are people now, remember.

Why are you defending someone for walking into a place of business and refusing to listen to the rules the business has put in place? He has absolutely no right to be there and do as he wishes. He is on private property.

Well if it is private property they can remove him for any reason.

I am just quoting people from the Ap Trail thread.

LdN

Reactions: 91Joe95
Just wanted to vent about this knucklehead.
Thanks for sharing...

092803f32beb173726ab0da61f397a18.jpeg

Well, now that the CDC has come out and said to not confront people not wearing masks there will no doubt be more of it. If I see someone not wearing a mask I just go the other direction and come back when the mask hole is no longer around. Living in SC, I see a lot of it from the Pennsyltuckians that come to town and I just walk the other way. You can't really control how other people act and can only control your reaction to it. Yeah, it pisses me off too! A great man once said to me, "Do you know what the difference is between me and a murderer? Self-Control!"

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Where the hell do you people live that you see stuff like this? I have not seen a single person get into an altercation over wearing a mask. I’m thinking there’s some exaggeration in this story.
Once a story is tagged with WalMart, all bets are off and I believe EVERYTHING that follows, regardless of how exaggerated it may seem. One click on peopleofwalmart.com made me an instant believer.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
Where the hell do you people live that you see stuff like this? I have not seen a single person get into an altercation over wearing a mask. I’m thinking there’s some exaggeration in this story.

It happens so infrequently in the places people on this board live they feel the need to post about it.

In Las Vegas the anti maskers are everywhere, and they are not stubborn old white people.

LdN

All of this is bad behavior, on both sides of the extremist aisle, which now comprises most Americans. (That's what I gather in simply talking with people.)

So the country will decline simply because it has a decline in the quality of its population. We have one side that thinks it is OK to burn down cities in protest, and another side that thinks it is their right to endanger others. Both are braindead. And yet the S&P keeps rising.

If you (the OP) had such a problem with it then why didn't you confront the person for being a douchebag? Unless you're just a spineless P*$$y that instead comes on a message board and complain about it...or better yet...I bet this incident never happened and you're just spewing BS and fake rage to get attention

If you (the OP) had such a problem with it then why didn't you confront the person for being a douchebag? Unless you're just a spineless P*$$y that instead comes on a message board and complain about it...or better yet...I bet this incident never happened and you're just spewing BS and fake rage to get attention
Thank you for such an intelligent and mature response to the incident. Another internet tuff guy...with nothing to add.

Reactions: bison13

Because if someone has an answer like that, they are clearly volatile and I am sure the person doesn't want to get in a physical altercation. What a prick you are.

Surprised CNN hasn't run with this story yet. Their mindless sheep need another reason to be angry and scared.
The will when they run out of "karen" videos. Guess what there are how many people in the US and I would guess 99% are in compliance with the rules but let's make sure we go to the ends of the earth to find the ones that aren't. Have him arrested - fine by me.

Thank you for such an intelligent and mature response to the incident. Another internet tuff guy...with nothing to add.

Actually just calling you out for being a coward that complains about other peoples actions to their face but all about calling them out on an internet messageboard. If it really meant that much to you why not call the guy out right there?

Actually just calling you out for being a coward that complains about other peoples actions to their face but all about calling them out on an internet messageboard. If it really meant that much to you why not call the guy out right there?
You....calling me out....calling me a coward and you expect a civil response? With an intellect like yours you frankly don’t deserve more of an answer.

Reactions: EPC FAN
These antimaskers must like schools shutting down, no football in the B1G, lost jobs, an economy in the crapper, and >170,000 dead Americans. That's what they are exercising their right to have.

Well if it is private property they can remove him for any reason.

I am just quoting people from the Ap Trail thread.

LdN
As Lincoln himself would have noted, you should have remained silent rather than removing all doubt ...

because he endangers others by being a selfish asshole? just a guess

Actually he doesn't endanger anyone, unless he has covid. Since in PA we just hit 1% of the total population with it. The chances of him endangering anyone is slim to none. Plus there's always the possibility that he already had it. So unless he's in the 25000 people who had it in the last month he is endangering no one

Reactions: OXLion and 91Joe95
Has 100% of PAs population been tested? Did not know that.
No and 100% of the population doesn't have it either. So thanks for making my point. The only way he endangers anyone is if he has it. Remember your mask does not prevent you from getting it, only spreading.

No and 100% of the population doesn't have it either. So thanks for making my point. The only way he endangers anyone is if he has it. Remember your mask does not prevent you from getting it, only spreading Governor Wolf has even said this.

Do people wear signs if they have it?

Reactions: ralphster
Do people wear signs if they have it?

What does that matter, the fact is if he doesn't have it he doesn't endanger anyone else. And not wearing a mask isn't going to prevent you from getting it only spreading it. Not sure what's so hard to understand you can't spread it if you don't have it. Unless you have some new insight as to how you can spread it without having it you lose!

What does that matter, the fact is if he doesn't have it he doesn't endanger anyone else. And not wearing a mask isn't going to prevent you from getting it only spreading it. Not sure what's so hard to understand you can't spread it if you don't have it. Unless you have some new insight as to how you can spread it without having it you lose!
And since many that have it don’t realize they have it, it’s just unnecessarily jeopardizing other people.

And since many that have it don’t realize they have it, it’s just unnecessarily jeopardizing other people.

But that's not what I said. Not sure how hard it is to understand this but IF HE DOESNT HAVE IT HE ENDANGERS NO ONE. You people clearly lack an ounce of commonsense. That said there is less then a 1% chance that he even has it and doesn't know it.

But that's not what I said. Not sure how hard it is to understand this but IF HE DOESNT HAVE IT HE ENDANGERS NO ONE. You people clearly lack an ounce of commonsense. That said there is less then a 1% chance that he even has it and doesn't know it.

Just put on a mask and do what Eerial says. The media has him convinced he's safe as long as people wear masks. Nevemind that it's mostly bullshit. Testing is up, rates are down, mortality is down. Of course, correlation means causation and this is all due to masks. He's got it all figured out, he just needs to visit his favorite liberal websites to get the latest "facts"

Reactions: OXLion and 91Joe95
No and 100% of the population doesn't have it either. So thanks for making my point. The only way he endangers anyone is if he has it. Remember your mask does not prevent you from getting it, only spreading.
Let’s call it like it is here. A mask is not a panacea and there is only thinking that a mask will prevent you from spreading. It does not prevent. It may reduce but it does not prevent.

The workers at WalMart in charge of the mask rules should have taken a pic of this moron on their phones. Then, follow him out to his car and get his license plate number. He should be cited, the moron is on private property and it's not his decision to follow or not follow regulations.

ADVERTISEMENT