ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Skiers rejoice... Arapahoe Basin started making snow the other night...

Don’t get too excited it is a La Niña year the central and southern Colorado mountains are to get average to below,average snow. Steamboat in the NW corner of the state may get the most.

Last edited:
Skiing in whatever form it will be this season is not too far off...

Let it Snow.... Let it Snow...
Very cool. Although, I highly recommend most of you folks stay away from ABasin. It is expert skiing only and very dangerous for the average ski trip getaway. On average, 127 people die each year at ABasin, which exceeds industry averages by a whopping 1,000%! My point, if you go to ABasin, there is a good chance you will die. Stay away everyone. Stay. Away!

Very cool. Although, I highly recommend most of you folks stay away from ABasin. It is expert skiing only and very dangerous for the average ski trip getaway. On average, 127 people die each year at ABasin, which exceeds industry averages by a whopping 1,000%! My point, if you go to ABasin, there is a good chance you will die. Stay away everyone. Stay. Away!
I detect sarcasm 🧐

If you guys are local or come out, Larimer Beer Hall is THE Denver PSU BAR-in fact it's the ONLY. Although I'm worried the alumnae association has been heavily handcuffed in setting up events and the sizes of crowds are understandably very limited. It's glorious though when all things are status quo.

My friends that work at Alta quote similar statistics... both very dangerous places and skiers should stay away...

Reactions: republion
Thanks for the link. I love hearing of that era of the mid to late 60's when everything was just beginning.

My late In-laws were ski patrollers from the Midwest and they were skiing CO regularly by the late 60's.
Yeah, it’s very good. Always great to see Doug Coombs footage from the Chugach. Jackson Hole guys dominated that extreme skiing championship in Valdez.

ADVERTISEMENT