ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Simmons or Midnighter or anyone else...

BBrown

Jul 27, 2001
Baltimore, MD
What do you know about this new Amazon streaming show called The Man in the High Castle?
All I know is that its based off of a Philp K. Dick novel and sounds pretty interesting.

What do you know about this new Amazon streaming show called The Man in the High Castle?
All I know is that its based off of a Philp K. Dick novel and sounds pretty interesting.

The TV editors on Entertainment Weekly were talking about it the other day and said it's very 'high concept' and really interesting. I haven't read the book or anything, but the gist is that the U.S. loses WWII and is divided up between Japan and Russia. Has an 8.3 on IMDB and a 96% 'Fresh' rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and that's pretty solid. Let me know if you check it out.

the-man-in-the-high-castle-america-map-2.png

The TV editors on Entertainment Weekly were talking about it the other day and said it's very 'high concept' and really interesting. I haven't read the book or anything, but the gist is that the U.S. loses WWII and is divided up between Japan and Russia. Has an 8.3 on IMDB and a 96% 'Fresh' rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and that's pretty solid. Let me know if you check it out.

I'm guessing I need Amazon Prime to watch it?
I'm not familiar at all with streaming from Amazon.

I'm guessing I need Amazon Prime to watch it?
I'm not familiar at all with streaming from Amazon.

I think so. No idea. Starting to get overwhelmed with streaming options these days....remember the good ol days?? There was only Netflix? Sigh...

Reactions: simons96 and BBrown

I read the book 4 or 5 weeks ago. Very good alternative history based on the allies supposedly losing WWII. Control of the US split between the two Axis powers. But, something is afoot. That Rocky Mtn. area pictured above is generally freer of Japanese/German influence than is the rest of the US.

Liked it. It is not a long book, and is a relatively easy read. Got mine cheap/used on amazon.

I read the book 4 or 5 weeks ago. Very good alternative history based on the allies supposedly losing WWII. Control of the US split between the two Axis powers. But, something is afoot. That Rocky Mtn. area pictured above is generally freer of Japanese/German influence than is the rest of the US.

Liked it.

Thanks I think I might have to make a trip to the local library and check it out.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
I think so. No idea. Starting to get overwhelmed with streaming options these days....remember the good ol days?? There was only Netflix? Sigh...

Yea I'm doing the Netflix streaming and really like a lot of what they offer.
Daredevil was excellent and I'm really liking this season of Longmire but I was huge fan when it was on A&E.
Too bad Netflix can't get The Strain. FX is killing it well, killed it with commercials.

Reactions: simons96

Just found a trailer for it on line.
Def. something I'm going to check out....

http://www.people.com/article/man-high-castle-trailer-amazon-novel-tv-show

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT