ADVERTISEMENT

OT- SIAP Shooting at Fedex Indianapolis Facility

pushback be damned- crazy people should not have access to guns
And who gets to be the all mighty judge that determines who’s too crazy to own a gun? There are politicians who are nuttier than fruitcakes....should they be denied gun access?

Given societal sensitivities, isn’t it un-WOKE. o_O to say “shotgun” formation in football? Maybe it’s high time we called it something else. The trick is to find an alternative that no one finds offensive. The ramifications are enormous.

🤔
Have to get rid of the term pistol formation as well.

And who gets to be the all mighty judge that determines who’s too crazy to own a gun? There are politicians who are nuttier than fruitcakes....should they be denied gun access?
This is the problem.

Half of the country thinks (with good reason) that the government in the form of FBI and DOJ are against them.

Anyone who says the way they raided old defenseless Roger Stone with CNN in tow is not a sign of bias against the good Americans in this country is simply intellectually dishonest. Period.

Reactions: 91Joe95
the judicial system would have to do it
and yes
- and if you want to fix that problem for real, kill Gerry Mander

the judicial system would have to do it
and yes
- and if you want to fix that problem for real, kill Gerry Mander
So everyone has to go to court to be able to exercise their 2nd amendment right?

KanePoster's definition of dishonest= anyone who doesn't agree with KanePoster

You are free to disagree. You are not free to lie about a situation, or what was said, or pretend that certain facts are not on the table.

You are not free to refuse to use Occam's razor when the facts alone do not explicitly "prove" a certain side.

The use of "that's your opinion" when Occam's razor clearly indicates that honest brokers should assume the opposite (but are unable to definitively prove a given point) is dishonest.

When those things are done - that is dishonest.

So everyone has to go to court to be able to exercise their 2nd amendment right?
Anyone who has been turned in by his mother as dangerous, certainly. Toss another red herring and I will need to see your fishing license.

Anyone who has been turned in by his mother as dangerous, certainly. Toss another red herring and I will need to see your fishing license.
What if they’re turned in by their angry ex wife? Spurned lover? Pissed off guy who just had his girlfriend stolen by them? You’re being very shortsighted.

Reactions: KanePoster

Yes. This is absolutely clear. As was Dylan Roof.

But the problem is, we don't trust the government to not have political issuances of these restrictions.

There was recently talk from your side about putting people on "no fly lists" using covid as an excuse.

How can we trust anyone who suggests such a thing? Not saying YOU suggested it, but it has been out there.

What if they’re turned in by their angry ex wife? Spurned lover? Pissed off guy who just had his girlfriend stolen by them? You’re being very shortsighted.
I'm over simplifying, obviously.

In a case like that, the initial investigation would be by the police (who I do not want to defund). If they (or the FBI, in this case) determine that there is enough risk to seize a weapon, then there is enough risk to block any future weapons purchase. Christ, this is common sense 101.

In a case like that, the initial investigation would be by the police (who I do not want to defund). If they (or the FBI, in this case) determine that there is enough risk to seize a weapon, then there is enough risk to block any future weapons purchase. Christ, this is common sense 101.
It is common sense.

Except we don't trust the government.

Really, it is as simple as that.

It's too bad.

It's the same with the abortionists.

They fight even sensible abortion restrictions.

Why? Because they don't trust the religious right.

I agree with everything you've said, but I'll never favor even a single restriction....because I remember how the DOJ/FBI played with politics.

This is the pushback I'm talking about. I think AWS1022's disdain for politicians is funny because he thinks and talks just like them wrt to this particular topic. Really, should go to TB at this point.

It is common sense.

Except we don't trust the government.

Really, it is as simple as that.

It's too bad.

It's the same with the abortionists.

They fight even sensible abortion restrictions.

Why? Because they don't trust the religious right.

I agree with everything you've said, but I'll never favor even a single restriction....because I remember how the DOJ/FBI played with politics.
It is this kind of extremism that is destroying this country. I'm willing to bet that I have more guns than you do, so obviously I'm a second amendment believer- but the absolutist position that too many gun owners take is beyond stupid- it's dangerous. I wish nothing but ill to both "wings", left and right..

It is this kind of extremism that is destroying this country. I'm willing to bet that I have more guns than you do, so obviously I'm a second amendment believer- but the absolutist position that too many gun owners take is beyond stupid- it's dangerous. I wish nothing but ill to both "wings", left and right..

To argue effectively, you must tell me why I SHOULD trust the government to not go down the slippery slope.

You're really just saying to me that "I suck"

You are ignoring my evidence that says the government is not trustworthy, and just calling me an extremist.

To argue effectively, you must tell me why I SHOULD trust the government to not go down the slippery slope.

You're really just saying to me that "I suck"

You are ignoring my evidence that says the government is not trustworthy, and just calling me an extremist.
yes- that is exactly what I am doing- and I don't give the smallest portion of a damn if you don't like it. You people on the wings DO suck.

Up until several months ago this was the only common cents some people had.

us-coins.jpg

Now they don't even have that anymore.

This is the pushback I'm talking about. I think AWS1022's disdain for politicians is funny because he thinks and talks just like them wrt to this particular topic. Really, should go to TB at this point.
So politicians don’t want government deciding who gets to buy a gun and who doesn’t? Hmm, interesting, I didn’t know that.

So, what did the FBI do in this case to block future purchases by this individual? We don’t know if they did anything and that’s where the problem lies. If the FBI didn’t record anything so that nothing showed up on a background check, then it’s not the fault of any gun laws or lack of gun laws.

This country right now is being taken down far more by the extreme left than the extreme right, so I’ll be looking forward to your posts bashing them (since you hate both wings)....I’ll wait....

• Haha
So you’re saying the bill Cruz/Grassley proposed will decide who can and can’t buy a gun?
I guess I should have specified anti-gun politicians. I’m still trying to figure out how my saying that I don’t want government involved in things makes me sound like a politician....the next time I hear a politician saying they want government limited will be the first.

So, what did the FBI do in this case to block future purchases by this individual? We don’t know if they did anything and that’s where the problem lies. If the FBI didn’t record anything so that nothing showed up on a background check, then it’s not the fault of any gun laws or lack of gun laws.

In the case of the Sutherland Springs shooter (Devin Patrick Kelly), he was denied an application, by Texas, for a license to carry a hand gun. But, you don’t *need* a license to buy a handgun in Texas. Smart.

In the case of the Sutherland Springs shooter (Devin Patrick Kelly), he was denied an application, by Texas, for a license to carry a hand gun. But, you don’t *need* a license to buy a handgun in Texas. Smart.
Agree, not smart. I’m all for requiring a license to buy a handgun....just like needing a license to drive a car and needing a license to vote....(see how that works?):).

This country right now is being taken down far more by the extreme left than the extreme right, so I’ll be looking forward to your posts bashing them (since you hate both wings)....I’ll wait....
hell- here's one for free for you. AOC is as big a problem as Ted Cruz is.

hell- here's one for free for you. AOC is as big a problem as Ted Cruz is.
It’s a start, but AOC is a far bigger problem than Ted Cruz...she’s a dumb person who thinks she’s smart and she has no sense at all....much like the rest of the squad. Fortunately they can’t influence anyone above an idiot level. Unfortunately their districts are made up of mostly idiots.

It’s a start, but AOC is a far bigger problem than Ted Cruz...she’s a dumb person who thinks she’s smart and she has no sense at all....much like the rest of the squad. Fortunately they can’t influence anyone above an idiot level. Unfortunately their districts are made up of mostly idiots.
Cruz is every bit as stupid, and is even hated by those in his own party. Neither of them has any business being in Congress, or in any position higher than fry cook at a fast food place. But of course you can't (or won't) see that because your world view won't allow it.

Cruz is every bit as stupid, and is even hated by those in his own party. Neither of them has any business being in Congress, or in any position higher than fry cook at a fast food place. But of course you can't (or won't) see that because your world view won't allow it.
Well, let me know when Cruz says the world is going to end in 12 years and I’ll agree with you. She’s as dumb as flat earthers.

Cruz is hated, but based on the minimum LSAT standards at Harvard when he was admitted, his IQ has to be around 135 or better, based on this correlation: IQ = 1.61(LSAT) – 134.3, with Cruz LSAT being near perfect per Boston Globe. Near Perfect means about 170+, so you might be able to work it out, and if you can't, then it's 139. Not a genius, but close.

I would guess AOC fits squarely in the midwit category - probably 110-115. Like Obama, if she'd release her SAT scores, we could know her IQ very accurately.

There's no comparison between Ted Cruz and AOC, and that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Cruz is hated, but based on the minimum LSAT standards at Harvard when he was admitted, his IQ has to be around 135 or better, based on this correlation: IQ = 1.61(LSAT) – 134.3, with Cruz LSAT being near perfect per Boston Globe. Near Perfect means about 170+, so you might be able to work it out, and if you can't, then it's 139. Not a genius, but close.

I would guess AOC fits squarely in the midwit category - probably 110-115. Like Obama, if she'd release her SAT scores, we could know her IQ very accurately.

There's no comparison between Ted Cruz and AOC, and that's not an opinion, that's a fact.
how odd then that Obama was president of the Harvard Law Review

how odd then that Obama was president of the Harvard Law Review
Well, if Obama was admitted under the same standards as Cruz, there's almost no way we couldn't come up with at least a reasonable estimate for Obama's IQ. We could simply look up the lower standard

But because they don't, it's tough to tell...Just observing Obama, I'd guess his IQ is between 115-125.

But there is another way to bound his IQ. Barack Obama's private school in Honolulu required collegiate aptitude tests for admission, and although we don't know specifically what Obama's scores were, we do know that they were insufficient to make him a National Merit Scholar, a Semifinalist thereto, or an Outstanding Participant. That means his SAT score was under 1230, meaning his IQ is probably less than 129.

FWIW, we do know GWB IQ very well - its correlated out through both his SAT and military aptitude test and is about 125.

Last edited:
Well, if they didn't have affirmative action that allowed for lower LSAT scores for non-asians and non-whites, then I'd agree - there's almost no way we couldn't come up with at least a reasonable estimate for Obama's IQ. We could simply look up the lower standard

But because they do, it's tough to tell...Just observing Obama, I'd guess his IQ is between 115-125.

But there is another way to bound his IQ. Barack Obama's private school in Honolulu required collegiate aptitude tests for admission, and although we don't know specifically what Obama's scores were, we do know that they were insufficient to make him a National Merit Scholar, a Semifinalist thereto, or an Outstanding Participant. That means his SAT score was under 1230, meaning his IQ is probably less than 129.

FWIW, we do know GWB IQ very well - its correlated out through both his SAT and military aptitude test and is about 125.
your prejudice is showing- again

what a surprise

btw, you saying things doesn't make them true

I'm done with you

i read an article several years ago stating that the USA closed our mental illness homes in the 60s and 70s and that population is, now, either in jail or homeless. There was an almost direct correlation between the population drop in mental illness homes and increases in homelessness/jails. I've tried to find it but have been unsuccessful. I often wonder if we should just fund these mental illness homes again.
It was an unmitigated onslaught of lawsuits from the ACLU which forced that to happen. When the ability to force institutionalize the dangerously mental ill was neutered the national crisis of mental illness began. They receive none of the blame for any of the problems, because, hey, they had good intentions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT