ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shout out for "The Last of the Mohicans."

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
Damn, I love that movie, as good an adventure film as any.

ChillyCrazyIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif

I've never seen it but I think the book or movie of it is where Hawkeye Pierce's dad got the nickname for Hawkeye.

They got the girls names backwards. The original was great too. Good book but hard to read.

Ben Stiller ruined this movie for me with his bit about the “ Mohican Master “ fitness treadmill.

Reading the book so long ago I forgot much but then the movie came out and reacquainted me to the general plot. Great show. Amazing scenery. Filmed in the Linville Falls region of North Carolina which we were able to visit just prior to seeing the film. Such beautiful scenery, amazing awesome landscapes. The massive rock cliffs seen in the movie are spectacular in person.

Reactions: LionJim
Damn, I love that movie, as good an adventure film as any.

ChillyCrazyIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif

Great movie and music from the film was used during most of the Beaver Stadium 2005 season highlight clips with Coldplay’s Speed of Sound also making up part of the video.
The one where Michael Robinson takes out the DB from Minnesota

IMO one of the best videos ever shown in Beaver Stadium

Reactions: LionJim
Not a DD-L fan but he’s had an incredibly impressive acting career. Outstanding performance after outstanding performance.

TLOTM was a tremendous movie.....a star-studded cast, impressively beautiful photography, a stunning soundtrack.

A must see movie that never got the respect it deserved!

Kudos to LionJim!

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
The entire cast was great. One of my favorite books and movies.

Good call Lion Jim

Madeline Stowe ....nice
I had a real thing for her before she started fighting age and messed with one of the best faces in Hollywood—then.

Interesting. Always assumed it was shot in upstate NY.... those pre Rev War times were brutal. Brits, French, and Indians fighting over the land with the colonists. Hard to believe that the Susquehanna River was the bloody frontier line back then! Fort Hunter was a key fort.

ADVERTISEMENT