ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sheetz vs. Rutters

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Which for you? I used to be sheetz all the way but Rutters has grown on me since we are getting more and more of them down my way.

Reactions: Gitzit
Only rutters I've been to is along 83 in york county and it was less than impressive

Reactions: BBrown
Which for you? I used to be sheetz all the way but Rutters has grown on me since we are getting more and more of them down my way.

Since Rutters now has “spiked” slushes I’ve got to give them the nod. Not sure that lines up well with “no drinking and driving” but I think it’s a pretty neat concept.

Since Rutters now has “spiked” slushes I’ve got to give them the nod. Not sure that lines up well with “no drinking and driving” but I think it’s a pretty neat concept.

I saw that advertised on their light up sign. “Grab and go spiked slushees.” The lawyers must have had the day off.

It was called Rutter Brothers' Dairy way back when. My father used to say, "Rutter Brothers' other brother makes better butter." Cracked me up every time when I was 4.

They're interchangeable.

Just went from the DC area to my son's wedding in Charlotte, NC. Wawa was the stop(s) in Virginia, Sheetz in NC. Hard to tell the difference.

I saw that advertised on their light up sign. “Grab and go spiked slushees.” The lawyers must have had the day off.
The Rutters here by Bellefonte has a sign on the door explaining the to-go booze are considered open containers. Looked like an afterthought and I wonder if that was posted because it is frequented by the staties from right around the corner.

I think Rutters food is a little better than Sheetz but they don’t have a mobile app for ordering yet.

For those who don't know, Rutters is series of convenience stores that competes (geographically) with Sheetz, Wawa, Royal Farms, Seven-Eleven, etc. They have been upgrading their facilities and are as greedy as the law allows. Centered in York County (on Maryland border) and about 60 miles north of Baltimore on Route 83. Most of them now sell alcohol and have gambling sites.

Rutters iced tea is magical. Sheets MTO is nice.

growing up I would stop at rutters every morning and get an Italian breakfast sausage sandwich, a bag of martins BBQ waffle chips and a rutters iced tea. Brings back memories.

Rutters just opened a new store like 5 minutes from where I work.....so now Ive been introducing the good people of Virginia to PA Birch Beer. When they opened myself and one of our mechanics who is originally from Portage knew what it was.

Anybody frequent a Cum & Go?
If you're talking the convenience store and not being funny then it's actually Kum & Go, based out of Des Moines, IA. I'd call it Iowa's top convenience store (ahead of Casey's , also HQ'd in Des Moines and probably), but both in general outside of a few flagship locations are running well behind KwikStar IMO (actually based out of Wisconsin where it's KwikTrip). Kum & Go does have pretty good pizza (Casey's isn't bad, either). But they stop the kitchen at 8 p.m. KwikStar has lots of good stuff including hot food all day (24 hrs) plus doughnuts.

royal farms chicken is very good. Of course here in the Balto area there is one every 2 miles. LOL
All over the place in balt, glen burnie. Hardly any in howard county. I only know of 1 rofo and zero wawa.

If you're talking the convenience store and not being funny then it's actually Kum & Go, based out of Des Moines, IA. I'd call it Iowa's top convenience store (ahead of Casey's , also HQ'd in Des Moines and probably), but both in general outside of a few flagship locations are running well behind KwikStar IMO (actually based out of Wisconsin where it's KwikTrip). Kum & Go does have pretty good pizza (Casey's isn't bad, either). But they stop the kitchen at 8 p.m. KwikStar has lots of good stuff including hot food all day (24 hrs) plus doughnuts.
We were in Iowa earlier this month visiting my SIL, just my opinion, but Casey’s>Kum & Go. Neither as good as Sheetz or WaWa.

It depends on what you want when. Late night burger or early morning breakfast samich...Rutters. Chili dog, sausage sammy, gob or MTO...Shitz.

Since I'm in Purgatory (Harrisburg area) and not at home (south of Altoona) I can't find a decent chili dog unless I go to Sheetz. I do miss Texas Hot Dogs and the barrel of Hires!

Reactions: bytir
ADVERTISEMENT