ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl charged with desertion - finally

ericstratton-rushchairman

May 20, 2005
Dallas TX
Two dead servicemen attempting to find him and 5 hard core terrorists released back into the wild to plan/kill at will. DoD is like USDJ, they only charge after they are finished building a rock solid case.

" If the member deserts during time of war: Death or such other punishment (such as life in prison) as a court-martial may direct"

We'll try to keep this from going over to the free board, BUT ---

The Bergdahl "trade" has to be one of the most moronic actions ever taken by a President of the United States of America.

And I am NOT a right winger.

Ahh, don't look now but this delay is a sign of a weak country.

ISIS is laughing their arses off at us. We are ripe for the picking.

Originally posted by ericstratton-rushchairman:
Two dead servicemen attempting to find him and 5 hard core terrorists released back into the wild to plan/kill at will. DoD is like USDJ, they only charge after they are finished building a rock solid case.

" If the member deserts during time of war: Death or such other punishment (such as life in prison) as a court-martial may direct"
Are you saying that your fellow serviceman does not deserve the same due process that is owed to every other American?

The only way to try him and uncover the truth was to bring him home.

It's interesting to me that many of the same people who are up in arms about our efforts to retrieve Bergdahl were adamant that the US should do everything possible to retrieve a FORMER soldier who was arrested in Mexico for illegal gun-running.

What hypocrites.

Are you saying 'due process' is a 5 for one prisoner swap? Continue to play that game and you will be out-of-business real soon!

Last I checked, Mexico recognized the Geneva Convention. The Taliban does not. Which is to say when dealing with Mexico at least there is some semblance of a civilized society despite the cartels' best efforts to upend it.

I laugh at you hypocrites who try to impose American-style social morays on people who have no interest in it.
laugh.r191677.gif

Wow. Some very twisted 'logic'. Comparing someone who deserted in war (known immediately by those who served with him- and released 5 hard core terrorists who are now back killing people) with someone who took a wrong turn on a SoCal highway, ended up at the Mexico border crossing where they wouldn't allow him to turn around and return? Unreal.

This post was edited on 3/25 3:55 PM by psu00

Originally posted by psu00:
Wow. Some very very twisted 'logic'. Comparing someone who deserted in war (known immediately by those who served with him- and released 5 hard core terrorists who are now back killing people) with someone who took a wrong turn on a SoCal highway, ended up at the Mexico border crossing where they wouldn't allow him to turn around and return? Unreal.
We don't "know" he's a deserter until he's court-martialled. That's how due process works. You're accused of a crime, you get your opportunity to defend yourself in court. This due process is EXACTLY the kind of CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT that our service members are sworn to defend.

And if you believe that "Tahmooressi " took a "wrong turn" going back to exactly where he had been earlier that day, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell to you. If anything Tahmooressi probably deserves our sympathy because he might be suffering from PTSD or some other mental illness. He clearly still has issues. But there are also signs that Bergdahl may have had similar issues and should not have been stationed where he was.

It's hypocritical to be sympathetic towards one and not the other.

Those who serve do so under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. This is not the same as the laws that your average citizen is held to and while at war there are different legal implications. Make no mistake, the delayed announcement was political.

Yeah. As we know, a rush to judgement is a sign of strength. ....

laugh.r191677.gif

He is about to be prosecuted. yet you cannot simply feel satisfied with that.

Originally posted by lattydaddy:
Why did Obama swap this scumbAg for 5 Taliban figures?
It's important to decide that someone is guilty without a trial.

the swap - false narrative

Originally posted by lattydaddy:
Why did Obama swap this scumbAg for 5 Taliban figures?
dig a little deeper into the swap

there was a bigger chess match at play. especially with the Afghan government WE helped install.

Either Obama wanted to get them back to the battlefield or none of our intelligence agencies were able to contact his platoon members who knew that he was a deserter.

I know that the death penalty can only be used during wartime, but Prez. Obama stated numerous times that the US doesn't leave it's soldiers behind during war. I realize he was grandstanding, but these words by the Commander and chief could be used in the trial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT