ADVERTISEMENT

ot seeing how Grand Jury testimony is discussed here a lot, I have to ask

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
someone at work daughter, was the passenger in a car that was wrecked. The driver (the BF at the time) drug the girl out of the car and put her in the drivers seat. (and after a several broken vertebrae, ankle etc the fact she is waking is the good news). Any way she got herself a subpoena to testify to grand jury against the boyfriend, who had driven drunk, on a suspended license. She has no money.
My question is, should she have her own legal council with her when she testifies before the GJ? Will the court at least appoint someone for her, as she has no money. TIA

someone at work daughter, was the passenger in a car that was wrecked. The driver (the BF at the time) drug the girl out of the car and put her in the drivers seat. (and after a several broken vertebrae, ankle etc the fact she is waking is the good news). Any way she got herself a subpoena to testify to grand jury against the boyfriend, who had driven drunk, on a suspended license. She has no money.
My question is, should she have her own legal council with her when she testifies before the GJ? Will the court at least appoint someone for her, as she has no money. TIA
In WV, if I am not mistaken, your lawyer CANNOT go in the GJ room with you (this is how it is in most states, and boy oh boy I bet CB wishes that were true in PA too). That aside, she definitely needs legal advice about this before she testifies. Do not know if she is entitled to a public defender pre-GJ or not.

In WV, if I am not mistaken, your lawyer CANNOT go in the GJ room with you (this is how it is in most states, and boy oh boy I bet CB wishes that were true in PA too). That aside, she definitely needs legal advice about this before she testifies. Do not know if she is entitled to a public defender pre-GJ or not.
Thks dem. she's across the river how about ohio??

ADVERTISEMENT