ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Rutgers defined

matter7172

Nov 14, 2012
I hate to clog up this forum, but I switched on the Rutgers/Maryland football game and saw the quintessential Rutgers moment.

Losing 34-0 with less than a minute to go and with first and goal inside the Maryland 10 yard line, Rutgers coach Chris Ash calls a time out so he gets more shots at a touchdown. Or, I presume, if he gets to fourth and goal, he can kick a field goal. :rolleyes:

Reactions: nitlion6
I mean, Franklin iced a kicker when PSU was up by half a hundred. You may as well use all of your allotted timeouts, right? I guess I don’t understand the complaint.

I mean, Franklin iced a kicker when PSU was up by half a hundred. You may as well use all of your allotted timeouts, right? I guess I don’t understand the complaint.

It’s a chance to take a shot at Rutgers. That’s about it.

Opinions have always varied in these types of situations but I’m kinda with Matter on this one. I guess I just feel getting your touchdown there would feel much like receiving your participation trophy. As I coach, I’d try to score so as to not have my team feeling like quitters but I’d leave the timeout in my pocket.

Reactions: matter7172
I hate to clog up this forum, but I switched on the Rutgers/Maryland football game and saw the quintessential Rutgers moment.

Losing 34-0 with less than a minute to go and with first and goal inside the Maryland 10 yard line, Rutgers coach Chris Ash calls a time out so he gets more shots at a touchdown. Or, I presume, if he gets to fourth and goal, he can kick a field goal. :rolleyes:
If you really hated clogging the forum you would stop posting.

There not quite 'perennial top 10' in football yet :)

When I was a kid (the early 90’s) I would ride my bike to the stadium with my friends and we’d be able to “sneak in” for free. (In hindsight the security guard staring at us clearly let us in.).

Same results as back then, only now they make you pay. Lol

Just as shitty a move. Classless.

ADVERTISEMENT