ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rinaldo to the Bruins

PSUHusky

Nov 11, 2007
I'm trying to figure out if Hextall is a wizard or the Bruins are now that inept.

Hextall had an INCREDIBLE draft and was able to unload Grossman and Pronger.

Now he gets a 3rd round pick for Rinaldo!!! This is so refreshing!!

Reactions: EPC FAN
I dont know what nationality Sweeney is but Canadians love those type of players. Rinaldo was consistently among the worst statistical players in the NHL the past 2-3 years. He only strength is big hits.

I'm trying to figure out if Hextall is a wizard or the Bruins are now that inept.

Hextall had an INCREDIBLE draft and was able to unload Grossman and Pronger.

Now he gets a 3rd round pick for Rinaldo!!! This is so refreshing!!
Hexy has my complete support. He helped build the LA Cup winning teams and has a confident swag about him. Were gonna be fine in 2 years and top echelon in 3.

Sweeney will be the ex-GM soon if he continues to make horrific decisions

And the all important throw-in.

The very valuable player named Space--Cap Space*

*running joke on another board I frequent.
Well, Rinaldo was overpaid, but he made under $1M per year. The good news is, they were able to re-sign Chris VandeVelde - who played for Hakstol in college and is a better player than Rinaldo in almost every area - for less money. Essentially, Hextall traded Rinaldo for VandeVelde, a third rounder, and ~150K in cap space. And the best part is - I don't think Hextall's done shedding bad contracts. If he's able to deal MacDonald or Lecavalier, you might as well give him GM of the Year when the deal goes through.

Who is the Bruin fan on this board that constantly harped about the Flyers being goons and how they should be wearing a different orange uniform? I'm sure he will soon be a huge Rinaldo fan!

Have to give the Flyers credit. There aren't many idiots left around the league, but they still find them and then beat them like a drum, over and over again. They will be back for more.

I wouldn't puff out out my chest if I were you. When was the last time the Flyers made the Stanley Cup finals? Yeah, I thought so!

I wouldn't puff out out my chest if I were you. When was the last time the Flyers made the Stanley Cup finals? Yeah, I thought so!
They were in the finals in 2010 and lost to Chicago. Since then only seven other teams can say they reached the finals. It is nothing to brag about but more than 22 other teams can say.

They were in the finals in 2010 and lost to Chicago. Since then only seven other teams can say they reached the finals. It is nothing to brag about but more than 22 other teams can say.

Beating the Bruins after being down 3-0 too....

I am not even a Flyers fan so maybe I should have said, "reluctantly give them credit". They have done quite well lately, dumping Pronger's contract, and waste players like Grossman and Rinaldo and getting some return.

Who is the Bruin fan on this board that constantly harped about the Flyers being goons and how they should be wearing a different orange uniform? I'm sure he will soon be a huge Rinaldo fan!
the Flyers haven't been goons in 35 years and when they were goons they also had skill players to put the puck in the net.

ADVERTISEMENT