ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rep Jim Jordan (OH) denies he turned a blind eye to sex abuse while at OSU.

You assume the facts before they have come out. I don't care what DiSabato says. He has proven he will lie for money. Shawn seems to have a fair amount of credibility. 150 people have been interviewed. I want to hear what they say. In the meantime, anyone who will take the time to read the facts about DiSabato can confirm that he is a lowlife liar.

Interesting to me that after posting link to DiSabatos losing lawsuit record and history of claiming to be owed large amounts of money on the basis of oral contracts that so far not one person, who has potentially checked his record, has commented on it. Seems like many here have a lynch mob mentality and are too lazy to check the facts.
I think we have experience at being the recipient of such. No lectures, please.

Reactions: nittnee and bison13
I've seen more evidence against these OSU douchebags in the few days I've paid attention to this than I have seen against Paterno and Penn State in all the years since the Sandusky case.

Should be easy to provide it then. Let's see it.
The point of his post was over your head but that's understandable since you're in "OSU is perfect" mode.

Reactions: nittnee
I think we have experience at being the recipient of such. No lectures, please.

Once the media gets ahold of it, it's out of anyone's control. Just got to fight back like the michigan state board did, and tell the ncaa to get lost like north carolina did. That's the best you can hope for.

Reactions: richmin3
No lectures, please.

What I am supposed to say; carry on with the lynch mob mentality and ignore the facts. I should add that I am Italian-American and have always had a high opinion of Paterno. I have never stated a negative thing about him in my life. I am not responsible for what others have done.

I wrestled or coached for pretty much my entire life. I just can't see a college wrestler getting sexually abused by a man. Let alone a team of them. I'll be honest, I don't know enough about the incidents to form any kind of conclusion. The age and "proffession" of victims just makes this hard to believe in my experiences. I get Penn State fans giving OSU guys shit, Karma is kinda a bitch. That said, if any fanbase knows about no convicting people from Media headlines it's the PSU fanbase.

Reactions: WeR0206 and nits74
What I am supposed to say; carry on with the lynch mob mentality and ignore the facts. I should add that I am Italian-American and have always had a high opinion of Paterno. I have never stated a negative thing about him in my life. I am not responsible for what others have done.
Do you defend him when people call him a child rape enabler or other nonsense? Or do you silently nod your head....?

You assume the facts before they have come out. I don't care what DiSabato says. He has proven he will lie for money. Shawn seems to have a fair amount of credibility. 150 people have been interviewed. I want to hear what they say. In the meantime, anyone who will take the time to read the facts about DiSabato can confirm that he is a lowlife liar.

Interesting to me that after posting link to DiSabatos losing lawsuit record and history of claiming to be owed large amounts of money on the basis of oral contracts that so far not one person, who has potentially checked his record, has commented on it. Seems like many here have a lynch mob mentality and are too lazy to check the facts.

I assume nothing. I do not know you. I do not know DiSabato. I do not have time to do any fact checking. I do not know what happened at OSU in this matter. I do trust that a fair and thorough review will be completed by the university and their counsel. And I do not believe damning the victims before any investigation has been done is productive.

One thing I do not know but sense ... You are trying too hard to carry the flag on this.

Well, I don't have any facts about the OSU case. None. But now you can appreciate what it felt like to be PSU when the hyenas were lynching PSU with very little concrete to go on. A great coach who should be lionized was decimated by the media for a cover up that doesn't exist, facts be damned. Nice, isn't it? Get used to it dailybuck.

I wrestled or coached for pretty much my entire life. I just can't see a college wrestler getting sexually abused by a man. Let alone a team of them. I'll be honest, I don't know enough about the incidents to form any kind of conclusion. The age and "proffession" of victims just makes this hard to believe in my experiences. I get Penn State fans giving OSU guys shit, Karma is kinda a bitch. That said, if any fanbase knows about no convicting people from Media headlines it's the PSU fanbase.
So, you have experience with how well athletes are treated when they take a swing at the team doctor? Or shove him back in his chair?

good point of view and i cannot agree nor disagree. one point I'd like to make is that the press loves to conflate things. For example, it lumped Joe in with Curley, Schultz and Spanier. They all had much different roles, responsibilities and actions to defend. Joe had no right, responsibility or authority to act beyond what he did. Schultz, on the other hand.....

In the case of this congressperson, it is entirely conceivable that people sat around a camp fire laughing at the odd duck and perve the tOSU Dr. (or MSU Dr's) was. Being weird or gay was not legally actionable. Now, if someone told the congressmen that they had been raped, that is a different story.

The press will conflate the two to drive the story for more clicks. Was the congressmen told the guy did weird stuff or did they tell the congressmen that they had direct knowledge of an illegal act? Two very different things.

Reactions: WeR0206
I do trust that a fair and thorough review will be completed by the university and their counsel.

I am a lawyer. I don't trust that from either the accusers or OSU administrative perspective. The Fitzgerald "investigation" at MSU was a joke.

And I do not believe damning the victims

So-called victims lie all of the time. The Duke rape case is one example. Many people lied about the Michael Brown shooting. The false McMartin preschool child abuse allegations. I give zero credibility to the liar DiSabato about the general situation. That being said, by accident, his statements may be true -- the worst crooks sometimes tell the truth. There are many other people, much more credible, whose testimony would be more reliable.

However, if someone claims victim status, many people, without investigation believe it is true. 10 minutes thinking would cause logical people to realize that merely claiming victim status doesn't make you one. Sadly, in the US, people are too lazy and judgmental to spend the 10 minutes doing so.

DailyBuck , your preaching to the choir round here. I don't wish this on anyone. These kinds of situations have made me retire from coaching. We had a local coach go to jail (become a registered sex offender) for an "atta boy". Just so happened to be a girl. I've known that coach a long time , he's coached for 30 years. He's given an atta boy to every wrestler I've ever seen come off the mat. The judge said the wrestler was a victim , because she felt that she was a victim. That's scary. So , if it's a crime against a girl , it's also a crime against a boy. I could be in jail instead of him.

You assume the facts before they have come out. I don't care what DiSabato says. He has proven he will lie for money.

Seems like many here have a lynch mob mentality and are too lazy to check the facts.

Here is something fun for you to try. Go back to your own board and tell them how they all had a lynch mob mentality and were too lazy to check facts with regards to the Sandusky scandal. Follow that up by shaming some of Sandusky's victims and call them liars that just wanted money.

Let us know what kind of responses you get in return.

Nothing contrary was said when it was PSU and your OSU brethren ran wild with stupidity and ignorance. Now that the albatross is around OSU's neck it's a different story, the victims are liars, it's political, it's not true, wait for the evidence, you really liked Joe Paterno, blah blah blah. You demand a courtesy that was never afforded to us by almost all of your own.

We all actually do get "it", but the fine folks at OSU made the rules, we're just playing by them. Go preach to your brothers first about PSU and see how that goes, then come back and lecture us about the OSU scandal.

I am a lawyer. I don't trust that from either the accusers or OSU administrative perspective. The Fitzgerald "investigation" at MSU was a joke.

So-called victims lie all of the time. The Duke rape case is one example. Many people lied about the Michael Brown shooting. The false McMartin preschool child abuse allegations. I give zero credibility to the liar DiSabato about the general situation. That being said, by accident, his statements may be true -- the worst crooks sometimes tell the truth. There are many other people, much more credible, whose testimony would be more reliable.

However, if someone claims victim status, many people, without investigation believe it is true. 10 minutes thinking would cause logical people to realize that merely claiming victim status doesn't make you one. Sadly, in the US, people are too lazy and judgmental to spend the 10 minutes doing so.

This is rich. I've read some of the reactions from OSU fans and they include "It was a different time" and "the doctor is dead so I don't see what can come of this anyway" and "let's wait until the facts come out." You know, pretty much all of the things OSU fans couldn't have cared less about the minute our own scandal broke in 2011.

This is rich. I've read some of the reactions from OSU fans and they include "It was a different time" and "the doctor is dead so I don't see what can come of this anyway" and "let's wait until the facts come out." You know, pretty much all of the things OSU fans couldn't have cared less about the minute our own scandal broke in 2011.
Exactly!

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Agree...but that will only make us as good as them. I don't want to be them.

Agree...but that will only make us as good as them. I don't want to be them.

I agree with you and I'm not judging OSU, Jim Jordan, or the accusers before I find out more. I am however, judging any OSU fan who judged our university, our fans, our players, and the State College community immediately after our scandal broke in 2011 who now want the benefit of the doubt and reserved judgement when it comes to their school.

I will give OSU the benefit of the doubt until we learn more. That much they deserve.

But refuses to look anyone in the eyes when he does it, while refusing to take a polygraph test. B1G transparent. [/QUOTE
Democrats attack honorable man period. We all should have learned lessons from a Duke la
I agree with you and I'm not judging OSU, Jim Jordan, or the accusers before I find out more. I am however, judging any OSU fan who judged our university, our fans, our players, and the State College community immediately after our scandal broke in 2011 who now want the benefit of the doubt and reserved judgement when it comes to their school.

I will give OSU the benefit of the doubt until we learn more. That much they deserve.
Anyone who believes Penn State was falsely accused in the Sandusky scandal should back off the attacks on Ohio State and Rep. Johnson. Take the high road and let the facts play out. My guess is this is as much a political hit job as anything else. PS
I despise Ohio State. Go State

The Dems would like nothing better than to put a black mark on Jim.
Jim is doing well. Keep up the good work. Keep their feet to the fire.
Let it all play out. But the one thing we know about "internal, independent investigations" is that they are performed for the people paying the bills. If OSU'S trustees want Jordan and the rest to come out smelling bad because they want to deflect from themselves, that's what will happen. If, like dailyshuck777, they want to pretend that nobody except Strauss ever broke a single rule, they will blame the victims even as they are shoveling money into their bank accouts.

The possibilities are limited only by the # of lies the gullible are willing to eat, and by now everyone can see their appetite is huge.

We can be sure the report will never blame a single trustee. While some admins may be blamed, since the victims are almost all 18 yrs old or more it is unlikely that they will be charged with any crimes.

Thus Ohio State's liars will have an easier time lying than even Freeh did. Louie was forced to spend six months pretending to look at the issues before he cherry picked the data to claim Fina and Ganim were right all along. The only thing he had to do differently is blame Joe.

But the one problem an OSU whitewash will face is the civil suits. To the extent under Ohio law these mostly adult victims have claims, and a few lawyer Go To Court and try them, the truth still has a chance.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Anyone who believes Penn State was falsely accused in the Sandusky scandal should back off the attacks on Ohio State and Rep. Johnson. Take the high road and let the facts play out. My guess is this is as much a political hit job as anything else. PS

Even as another ex-wrestler says he did this morning. This is not a parallel to the PSU farce where Joe reported, testified at the GJ and was crucified in the press. This is a coach that is being accused by his ex OSU wrestlers of failure to report what they report and he observed. It will be hashed out in court and the question is will he be vindicated or will he just be another Dennis Hastert.

DailyBuck , your preaching to the choir round here. I don't wish this on anyone. These kinds of situations have made me retire from coaching. We had a local coach go to jail (become a registered sex offender) for an "atta boy". Just so happened to be a girl. I've known that coach a long time , he's coached for 30 years. He's given an atta boy to every wrestler I've ever seen come off the mat. The judge said the wrestler was a victim , because she felt that she was a victim. That's scary. So , if it's a crime against a girl , it's also a crime against a boy. I could be in jail instead of him.
Under which law, in which state, did a coach go to jail for simply saying attaboy to a girl athlete? Link? Lol. Oh, go ahead and include the registered sex offender part.

Under which law, in which state, did a coach go to jail for simply saying attaboy to a girl athlete? Link? Lol. Oh, go ahead and include the registered sex offender part.
Perhaps the term is in reference to a hug given by coach while wrestler is coming off the mat???
giphy.gif

Reactions: demlion

After Tosu gets kicked out of the big ten and their campus is burned down to the ground, I am willing to consider the possibility of a false narrative. Maybe.

Rhino is right. I've never heard of this kind of thing ever happening before.

Oh wait a minute
https://nypost.com/2017/04/20/wrestler-claims-teammates-sexually-assaulted-him-shared-video-online/

https://newsok.com/article/5557830/...ing-program-fostered-an-environment-of-hazing

https://deadspin.com/5978352/nine-h...hazing-incident-involving-digital-penetration

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...stler-faces-9-charges-in-hazing-incident.html

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...isciplined-in-Bountiful-High-hazing-case.html

You are saying a coach went to jail and is now a registered sex offender because he hit a females butt as an “atta boy”?

That’s all he did?

You are saying a coach went to jail and is now a registered sex offender because he hit a females butt as an “atta boy”?

That’s all he did?
Actually he just said for an attaboy. I did not see anything about no butt patting.

Last edited:

I like, believe and support Jim Jordan as a politician. Why did the attacks on Jim Jordan take so long to come out if it was an issue way back? You would certainly think with all of those wrestlers that went through the OSU program, that one of them would have reported and raised hell about what was going on. Just like Joe's being guilty of "what" at Penn State in the Sandusky case, I believe the same is true for Jim Jordan at OSU.

"Ohio State Sexual Abuse Claims." Hmm.. That has a nice ring to it.

It's terrible that this happened, and I won't be going out of my way to shame or taunt anyone because that's disgusting. But I've seen alot in my day. It's gratifying to know that many cocky smug buckeyes are feeling the shame right now because they deserve it much more than I ever did.

Heard any good rape jokes lately Brutus? I have. I've heard thousands of rape jokes in the last few years, many from ohio.

How's it feel you smug assholes? You didn't ever think the gun would be pointed in your face? Now you want patience and understanding? Now it's a societal issue? Now the charges are too old and the victims lack credibility? Don't look to me for sympathy and understanding.

Last edited:
Forget Jordan.

ED RAY was on Faculty at Ohio State from 1971 - 2003.

ED RAY was Provost and one of the most POWERFUL MEN AT OSU.

ED RAY knew damned well what went on across the entire campus.

ED RAY sure barked a lot in 2012 about a "culture" - along with Lou Anna K Simon - all the while these two POWERFUL LEADERS had serial sexual abusers of students running loose on their respective campuses.

WHAT DID ED RAY KNOW AND WHY DIDN'T HE DO ANYTHING?

Dailybuck777: call your office.

Hey, Jim: in 8 years, how many wrestlers did you coach? How many of them were molested, or simply had the same doctor who showered with him for an hour a day, hands-on examine his package when he went there for a headache or sore throat.

Hey Jimbo: there a whole bunch of these guys. Even tho OSU has a rep for criminal conduct by athletes, they arent ALL criminals. Have you figured out that your story is changing as more credible witnesses come forward? It is. These guys are lined up, each more credible than the last.

We are not all as dumb as dailybuck. Keep lying, bro.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
I am not responsible for what others have done.

Sorry. But no one here was responsible for what Jerry did either.

So explain to me WHY it was OKAY that I was threatened with rape by OSU fan boys, harassed on social media and in social settings by OSU alums simply because I spent 4 years at University Park decades ago. I spent football weekends hustling for tips and bartending paying for my expenses. I didn't sit a the stadium "worshipping the football culture".

Other than Paterno, and that Spanier affixed his signature to our daughter's diploma - I had no idea who any of these people were when the November 2011 shitstorm happened.

But that didn't seem to matter to OHIO STATE FANS.

Explain why it was okay to come out to my car, after shopping for my family, to a note stuffed under my windshield wiper screaming PEDOPHILE LOVER, simply because I have a PSU alumni license plate.

I have a few friends that live in Columbus. One had her vehicle run off the road by some rabid OSU fans, simply because she had some PSU swag on it. Police had to get involved. The other has had her teen daughters harassed for the simple crime of wearing PSU tee shirts.

You go back to your OSU sports message board and you tell your pals and the Moderators over there to issue a collective APOLOGY to PSU Alumni for the shitty things they said and did and you post that APOLOGY over here.

Then maybe we'll start looking at the facts.

+1
Forget Jordan.

ED RAY was on Faculty at Ohio State from 1971 - 2003.

ED RAY was Provost and one of the most POWERFUL MEN AT OSU.

ED RAY knew damned well what went on across the entire campus.

ED RAY sure barked a lot in 2012 about a "culture" - along with Lou Anna K Simon - all the while these two POWERFUL LEADERS had serial sexual abusers of students running loose on their respective campuses.

WHAT DID ED RAY KNOW AND WHY DIDN'T HE DO ANYTHING?
+1

Seems like many here have a lynch mob mentality and are too lazy to check the facts.

Actually - you can thank your former Exec Pres & Provost at OSU for that "lynch mob mentality" as he set the template for this behavior years ago with his role with the NCAA Executive Committee.

ED RAY stood at the microphone in 2012 and went on about a "culture" at Penn State.

ED RAY admitted in testimony that he didn't actually read the Freeh Report, nor did he read the Consent Decree, before condemning Penn State. ED RAY said a LOT OF SHITTY THINGS about the Paterno family, Spanier, Curley & Schultz - over what were still allegations.

As a lawyer - you know damned well these guys hadn't experienced their constitutional right to due process and had yet to ever set foot in a courtroom.

Well guess what - I sat in that courtroom March of 2017 - and the Commonwealth had NO case. It's all such bullshit.

So you get ED RAY on the horn and ask him to address the internet lynch mob that he set into motion in 2011/2012 purely so the NCAA could flex their collective muscle and improve their crummy options.

ED RAY ENABLED this behavior FOR YEARS.

ADVERTISEMENT