ADVERTISEMENT

OT: R.I.P. Paul Barrere, Little Feat

rudedude

Sep 28, 2002
Fleetville, Pa.
Little Feat on their 50th Anniversary tour and we are seeing them tonight at the Kirby in Wilkes-Barre. Barrere dropped of the remainder of the fall tour due to health issues. Kind of makes this final show of the fall tour a little somber. Barrere one of the original members.

https://www.jambase.com/article/little-feat-paul-barrere-died

Last edited:
Reactions: lionbacker
I always thought he looked so cool in this picture lighting his smoke.

little_feat_waiting_inner1.jpg

Reactions: rudedude
Just learned that Dixie Chicken was Paul's first album with the band. I am partial to Waiting for Columbus but this is my absolute favorite studio cut. I only wish it was 7 minutes longer .....

Roll Easy Paul

Reactions: rudedude
“Waiting for Columbus”. For me is still the greatest live rock and roll record ever recorded.
It's so good that I'm glad that they did all of the studio work to get it to sound like that. For the time, nothing live sounded like that.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
It's so good that I'm glad that they did all of the studio work to get it to sound like that. For the time, nothing live sounded like that.

The original TML-cut vinyl for Waiting for Columbus is one of the best sounding live rock albums ever released. Up there with the original pink label At Fillmore East from ABB.

“Waiting for Columbus”. For me is still the greatest live rock and roll record ever recorded.

^^ One of my faves as well. And I'm not partial to live albums. The last thing I want to hear over my high dollar sound system is crowd noise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT