ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pitt fails to do proper background checks for people working w minors

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
According to report from State Auditor General

State Auditor General Eugene DePasquale said that for years, Pitt did not adequately ensure that athletic camp and campus employees working with minors during Pitt-hosted events had undergone required criminal background checks.
In releasing a performance audit, Mr. DePasquale also said Pitt's controls were insufficient to ensure that procurement card transactions and approvals were consistent with university policy. Also, in at least one instance, Pitt did not adequately justify a sole-source contract and sometimes "did not always document that prices paid for directed or sole-source contracts were reasonable."
Those are among eight findings in an audit that covered the period of July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2013. Five findings were negative and two were positive, including a determination that Pitt was in compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association bylaws covering athlete eligibility and financial aid. In one case, Pitt did not provide enough information for a finding to be reached.

Originally posted by Alphabets:
Culture. Close it down. Death penalty. Scar on the state. Embarrassment.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Everyone on the lair had to know. They are all enablers. They have no right to cheer for pitt and celebrate any, albeit extremely limited, success that pitt has. It's a conspiracy of silence.

Their football program has pretty much had a 30 year death penalty

except they get to go to bowl games and lose 3-0 or have hilarious record breaking comebacks by the other team.

This explains why they have been so dead set on the false PSU narrative, to cover their own tracks. Keep the spotlight on PSU and off of Pitt, children be damned. What a bunch of sickos.

As punishment Pitt needs to be subjected to 32 years without a 10 win regular season. They need to have their stadium taken away, and rent one. They need to have their fan attendance limited to ~20,000 per game. They need to hold their spring game at a local high school. They need to make sure the rest of their sports program doesn't ever win an NCAA national title.

Oh wait... all that stuff has already happened!

Of course they all knew, that is why Larry Fitzgerald left early for the NFL.

They can try to rewrite history, but their reputation will forever be stained.

Good point. Makes sense now. It's going to be very interesting to see how deep this wormhole goes. Disgusting.

Really? This is the stone you want to throw at Pitt?

Something, something... glass houses.

Re: Really? This is the stone you want to throw at Pitt?

Originally posted by PSUSignore:
Please shut the f*ck up.

I think I saw YOU and THE POINT on craigslist's "missed connections" . . .

It's...Pitt is terrible, Pitt is a joke....glass houses.

Glad I could help you out there. Buy me a beer, we'll call it even. K thx.

I heard a rumor this weekend from a very reliable source that their new coach, what's his name from MSU, was in on this problem the entire time. The reason he inexplicably took the career destroying head coaching job at Pitt was so that he could personally see to the cover up.

Source: a friend of mine who used to work at the FBI, but left in disgrace, wrote a report on the topic. He didn't interview any of the key players, and sure he has pretty much screwed up everything he has ever done... but he draws the airtight conclusion based on two vague message board posts that were neither written nor read by the head coach.

Originally posted by MartyInLawrenceville:
Yes, I'm a Pitt fan. Yes, I'm on the Lair.

And yes, I laughed a lot at this thread. Well done.
a lot more people need a sense of humor like yourself.

You laughed. We were just highlighting how ridiculous the narrative about Joe Paterno, Penn State, and the entire Penn State community is.

Originally posted by 9fold:

You laughed. We were just highlighting how ridiculous the narrative about Joe Paterno, Penn State, and the entire Penn State community is.
hence, MartyInLawrenceville said "Well done"

Re: Their football program has pretty much had a 30 year death penalty

Originally posted by dwiz:
except they get to go to bowl games and lose 3-0 or have hilarious record breaking comebacks by the other team.
Given their track record, a bowl ban would be a godsend. If you want to punish them, make them play in 2 bowl games!

Originally posted by PSUPALY:
Originally posted by 9fold:

hence, MartyInLawrenceville said "Well done"
That would be nice, but I never expect a pitter to get it.

that is just cruel and unusual punishment

Originally posted by pandaczar12:
Given their track record, a bowl ban would be a godsend. If you want to punish them, make them play in 2 bowl games!
what could they hope to accomplish? break their own record for being in the losing side of the largest comeback in bowl history??

This post was edited on 3/9 12:03 PM by simons96

That would be nice, but I never expect a pitter to get it.

blanket statement on ALL Pitt fans? come on, now...just as bad as some of the lunatics on the Lair that make blanket statements about us.

we understand, putting kids at risk amuses Panther Lair rubes

no group was more pleased that children were molested in PA then the Panther Lair crew

the fact your own university got called out for putting kids at risk absolutely delights you

This post was edited on 3/9 12:04 PM by simons96

that was pretty funny. good work
choofed.gif

This post was edited on 3/9 12:05 PM by PSUPALY

Originally posted by PSUPALY:

that was pretty funny. good work

Thanks... Both bowl games should be played in Birmingham on non-consecutive week days, one between Christmas and New Years Eve, the other after the National Title game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT