ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet peeve of mine: People who don't evacuate hurricane zones who then need rescuing.

Recent history (last 15 years or so) dictates that it's the president's responsibility to get them out of there.
Huh? Why? Oh, no one can take responsibility for their actions/inactions today. Got it!

Yeah, they interviewed a youngish couple the other day and hey said that they didn’t have the money to evacuate. Really, like you would rather risk your life than drive 100 miles inland somewhere? People, businesses and communities are being very generous with offers to provide food and shelter.

I stayed this time because last time with Mathew I drove to southeast Raleigh and got stranded in a flood with 5 times more rain and wind gusts than here. Almost put my girls in jeopardy. This time I stayed and sent wife and girls to Raleigh to a friends house and they have a back up generator. This time we new Bulk of storm thrust wasn’t going to Raleigh although they are still getting hit with rain and wind. Even with that They also lost power this evening. So when people talk about something they don’t know about it cracks me up.

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT