ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ohio State to sell beer in-stadium starting in 2016

I've never had a problem w/ Buckeye fans at Ohio Stadium, and I've been there a number of times ----- we'll see if this changes the fan dynamic there though. Cincinnati Bengals games, for instance, are awful to go to, in terms of fan behavior and in-stand fights.

We'll see how this goes.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/06/ohio_state_to_star_selling_bee.html
Might as well. The difference between big time college and professional football is imperceptible now. Just not as fun as it once was.

I don't understand why people think this will turn the stands into a drunken brawl. It is like the 10 beers in the parking lot is acceptable but if you sell a guy a few 2-3 beers during the game he going to be obnoxious. The schools who have started selling it recently saw a decrease or no increase in problems. Was beaver stadium a jungle when you were allowed to leave at half time and return? I see people bringing in alcohol all the time so it not like prohibition is working inside the stadium.

I expect we'll see this at Beaver Stadium in time, and I have no issue with that.

The soon-to-be most heard comments at the Horseshoe: A) Aww, not on my new sneakers! B)That's not vomit, that's skyline chili! C)You have the right to remain silent...D) Betty Lou, you gettin' prettier and prettier!!

I don't understand why people think this will turn the stands into a drunken brawl. It is like the 10 beers in the parking lot is acceptable but if you sell a guy a few 2-3 beers during the game he going to be obnoxious. The schools who have started selling it recently saw a decrease or no increase in problems. Was beaver stadium a jungle when you were allowed to leave at half time and return? I see people bringing in alcohol all the time so it not like prohibition is working inside the stadium.

I am not claiming to be an expert(well very from that on the topic) but there is so much info out there that basically says that in stadium sales will eliminate a lot of binge drinking in college stadiums. Chugging outside because you want to get your fill in before the game is a common thing.

Give people the option to drink inside and I guarantee they will treat their 10$ beer a little kinder than their 30 pack(Ok that part is just a personal observation).

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT