ADVERTISEMENT

OT.... Nova lands another excellent hoops player

whart

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2004
Fort Worth TX
Nova picked up a verbal from 17 year old...Eric Dixon from Abington High 6 foot 7 260 lbs. He was recruited by Virginia....Louisville....Seton Hall and others. Averaged 24 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots. Kid is a legit talent.... apparently can play inside / outside. Very nice pick up for Jay Wright.

Honestly, can't this be posted on a Villanova board? I get there are Philly people here, but it's the off-season for college basketball, and this is primarily a PSU football board.

And no, I don't expect the mods to moderate.
Being that Chambers is beginning to make nice inroads into the rich Philly Hoops market for some of the same kids that Nova is looking at I think it is worth noting. Add to that the close relationship that Chambers has with Jay Wright also adds another layer of interest IMO. But....like any post ...simply read the title and do not read further if you have an issue with any post. I just enjoy quality hoops chat and thought others would enjoy as well.

Honestly, can't this be posted on a Villanova board? I get there are Philly people here, but it's the off-season for college basketball, and this is primarily a PSU football board.

I went to the Final 4 in Detroit in 2009. Scottie Reynolds and Nova saved me from having to watch Pitt, and deal with their fans. I am eternally grateful!

Reactions: whart
If we were competing with Nova, I'd get it. But we don't.

So, I guess we can have posts for any Philadelphia basketball team? Maybe some of the St. Joe's guys will start giving some insight. And who isn't up for some LaSalle banter, as well?

So, I guess we can have posts for any Philadelphia basketball team? Maybe some of the St. Joe's guys will start giving some insight. And who isn't up for some LaSalle banter, as well?
So don’t click on the thread...not a big deal. There’s a lot of other non-football crap on the board. Don’t like the title, skip it.

Considering the plethora of posts and threads about Pitt football and other Pittsburgh sports I think we are well past the distinction of this being a PSU football board.

Villy. Villy.

I have no problem with a Nova post, and I am from Pittsburgh. Jay Wright is a class act. I like Nova.

HELL, I have absolutely no problem with the ‘Nova post and I’m a Jayhawk still nursing open wounds.

Like any other post on this Board, the advice (to the complainer, not you Dave) is read it if you want, don’t read it if it’s not of interest to you.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
They may need him sooner than later. He does need to drop about 20lbs. Omari Spellman is testing the NBA waters without an agent. Most think VInchenzo is going to do the same thing.
What caught my attention ( in addition to his game stats) was the size of this kid. He is one big dude....I can see him being a force inside. I agree....he will be needed and should play as a true freshman.

It's just a verbal. Chambers can still sell him on the future of PSU BB and have him in Blue & White!!!!

Reactions: whart
Nova picked up a verbal from 17 year old...Eric Dixon from Abington High 6 foot 7 260 lbs. He was recruited by Virginia....Louisville....Seton Hall and others. Averaged 24 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots. Kid is a legit talent.... apparently can play inside / outside. Very nice pick up for Jay Wright.
Nice pickup for the cats, going to be a really nice recruiting year for Nova!

Uh! Have you seen the rest of the posts recently? Half aren't even about sports

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr

The OP clearly indicated that the thread was about a Villanova basketball recruit, and this is generally a "catch all" board, with chainsaws and vacation plans being discussed. Myself and a few others rail against the Pitt centric posts here, because it gives Pitt some semblance that they are actually our rival or fuels their belief that Pitt is relevant. Villanova is not our rival in basketball and they are pretty freakin relevant already, so I personally don't see any harm in discussing Nova basketball. It's the same as discussing Pirate baseball or Eagles football. It's technically off topic, but no real harm done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT