ADVERTISEMENT

OT....not a Chiefs or Ravens fan....but this match up tonight

Mahomes is amazing. If you don't enjoy watching him play, you don't like football.
Both are really exceptional and have taken the position to the next level. I'll watch either one at this point if they are on, like Saquon or Barry Sanders back in the day. They are must see TV.

I am enjoying this season thus far, Saquon's injury notwithstanding. Sunday had some very good games. Of course I prefer college ball.

Who am I kidding, I've been so football-starved I'd watch and enjoy anything right now.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
35 yards passing for Lamar Jackson in first half. I’m not convinced he can beat good teams. He is a flash in the pan like RG3... and Deshaun Watson to that list as well. AFC North belongs to the Steelers. Go Stillers!!!

Reactions: psu_83_drummer
I’m not convinced he can beat good teams. He is a flash in the pan like RG3... and Deshaun Watson to that list as well. AFC North belongs to the Steelers. Go Stillers!!!
Based on their impressive wins so far?

The Ravens run the perfect system for Jackson, it was really gutsy for them to go all in on that system. A lot of people like to bash the teams for passing on the guy, but if you weren't willing to revamp your entire system, then Jackson probably wasn't the guy for you.
I suspect if he was running 90% of the other systems there would have been no MVP for him. Some QBs thrive coming from behind, so far Jackson isn't that guy. He may get there though, but right now they need the threat of the running game to make their passing game go.

should be pretty damn entertaining. One of the better games on the schedule this year...if not the best game. Jackson vs. Mahomes in their prime....good stuff.
And the NFL players themselves ranked Jackson #1 and Mahomes #4 in the Top 100 for 2020?

Mahomes is just on another level.

Andy Reid has a ton of toys and knows how to use them.

Reactions: djr4rebs and BBrown
35 yards passing for Lamar Jackson in first half. I’m not convinced he can beat good teams. He is a flash in the pan like RG3... and Deshaun Watson to that list as well. AFC North belongs to the Steelers. Go Stillers!!!
The stiller are what 9-13 over the last 10 years against the ravens plus they won the north tge past few years. Baltimore owns the North right now

No such thing as a bad win in the NFL. They are 3-0, have big nasty D, and a first ballot HoF QB with a pair of rings.
Don’t know how nasty their D is until they play someone. That’s the point.

And the NFL players themselves ranked Jackson #1 and Mahomes #4 in the Top 100 for 2020?

Mahomes is just on another level.

Andy Reid has a ton of toys and knows how to use them.

Mahomes is just fantastic. He makes throws that should never be made or probably even attempted but he completes them like it’s nothing.
The Ravens deserve a lot of credit for the growth that Jackson has made.
I was impressed with the KC defense as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
Don’t know how nasty their D is until they play someone. That’s the point.
The just play offensive genius Bill O'Brien and Deshaun Watson. Shut them down in the second half. BOB is the greatest offensive mind in all of football according to this board. He could do no wrong.

The just play offensive genius Bill O'Brien and Deshaun Watson. Shut them down in the second half. BOB is the greatest offensive mind in all of football according to this board. He could do no wrong.
Not according to me. He’s not even close to an offensive genius.

giphy.gif

Watson's problems are:
1. O'Brien traded their best WR to The Cardinals for a bag of dirt and a 2 pence
2. The Texans have a mediocre offensive line

Watson would excel at QB for The Steelers, very much like a younger, more mobile Big Ben.

Reactions: royboy and BBrown
KC struggled with the Chargers a week prior only to dismantle the Ravens last night. Mahomes is playing high level, Reid has surrounded him with speed that can catch, and the play calling last night was keeping Baltimore off guard. The shovel pass, the LT eligible, both played away from tendency and were wide open.

Jackson, additionally, had a mediocre game passing, even by his standards. He's a dangerous player, but that offense is not built to play from behind.

KC struggled with the Chargers a week prior only to dismantle the Ravens last night. Mahomes is playing high level, Reid has surrounded him with speed that can catch, and the play calling last night was keeping Baltimore off guard. The shovel pass, the LT eligible, both played away from tendency and were wide open.

Jackson, additionally, had a mediocre game passing, even by his standards. He's a dangerous player, but that offense is not built to play from behind.

The Raven's TE had a really bad game, for him. He's much better than that and is a big piece of the Ravens offense.
And you are exactly right even with Jackson at QB the Ravens are a power run game team. I thought they went away from that too early last night. Also the Ravens don't have any WR's that even close to Sammy Watkins.

I agree. I was surprised at how good KC's Defense was. At the heart of the Ravens game is their unprecedented ground game with a very large and very fast QB that has to be accounted for. I was surprised that KC shut their ground game down. Once down, and the Ravens had to pass, the game was over. Its like forcing an alligator to fight on land; they lose most of their capabilities, not all, which changes the dynamics of the fight.

My Carmel’s Brett Veach May have made the greatest draft day trade/pick in league history. Jerry Rice deal is best for now. Mahomes May just pass him

Mahomes is just fantastic. He makes throws that should never be made or probably even attempted but he completes them like it’s nothing.
The Ravens deserve a lot of credit for the growth that Jackson has made.
I was impressed with the KC defense as well.
He made some incredible throws into windows so tight they were closed for most QBs.

Reactions: BBrown
The Raven's TE had a really bad game, for him. He's much better than that and is a big piece of the Ravens offense.

You are exactly right. He couldn't handle the passes and KC had upwards of 4 defenders ready to hit him every time the ball came his way. Once they stole the rhythm, it was over.

Once down, and the Ravens had to pass, the game was over. Its like forcing an alligator to fight on land; they lose most of their capabilities, not all, which changes the dynamics of the fight.

This game felt like their loss to the Titans in the playoffs last year. When they are ineffective, they just look bad.

Reactions: BBrown and LionJim
You are exactly right. He couldn't handle the passes and KC had upwards of 4 defenders ready to hit him every time the ball came his way. Once they stole the rhythm, it was over.

This game felt like their loss to the Titans in the playoffs last year. When they are ineffective, they just look bad.
Is it a matter of opposing coaches finally figuring out the Ravens’ schemes?

I don't think so because then more teams would be beating them. IMO the Ravens are lacking a couple of key players.
They don't have very good WR's. or at least anyone that scares a Defensive coach. They are little below avg. in the secondary and they are lacking that playmaking LBR or DE that they always seem to have had.
They and I put this on Greg Roman, give up on the run too soon.
But the KC defense did an outstanding job of not letting Jackson get to the outside. If he gets around the end he makes huge plays.

Yes, I'd say it is. The question going forward will be: can the rest of the league control them or will talent prevail until the playoffs?

You gotta be able to throw the ball when it's absolutely necessary and Lamar hasn't been able to in 2 of his last 4 games.

Reactions: LionJim and BBrown
Yes, I'd say it is. The question going forward will be: can the rest of the league control them or will talent prevail until the playoffs?

You gotta be able to throw the ball when it's absolutely necessary and Lamar hasn't been able to in 2 of his last 4 games.

Whats going on with Allen Robinson? He would be an awesome addition to the Ravens. They need help at WR. I think that's one of the reasons Jackson hasn't looked good when he has to throw.
I mean Marquise Brown, Willie Snead and Miles Boykin aren't scaring anyone.

Reactions: djr4rebs
because then more teams would be beating them.

For all the hate NE has gotten for the AFC East, 4 games with the Bengals and Browns is comparably as easy as any other two divisional opponents in the NFL.

I don't think a lot of teams will get a handle on the Ravens this year, but the blueprint is definitely out there now.

ADVERTISEMENT