ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NHL Draft / Expansion Draft Thread

It still burns me up to know that, after the Golden knights got the best deal possible for picking up players in the expansion draft EVER, they are now EXEMPT from this years rules via the Kraken!

Sucks for the fans.

Total BS.

No reasoning will ever get me to change my opinion on that.
Vegas obviously has pictures of Bettman and sheep. There simply can be no other explanation.

e9b17eb735a16d927aff34ce7c11498d.jpg

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yep! Exactly.
I get that those past failed franchises make the league look bad especially considering how much $$ it takes to buy in. But how much is too much, and what happens when these instant bumps fade away and you leave spoiled fan bases with average rosters like the vast majority of the league has? Will they stick it out?

Where are the Flyers fans? What do you think of your unprotected list? Some big names on it.

I can see Seattle taking Ghost, he has a more manageable contract and also how best seasons were when Hakstol was the coach here.
That’s a good point. The coach will likely have a lot of input on player preference. The GM will have to run the salaries to make it work. And together they will make their selections.

Jackets left Domi unprotected and had to sign a goalie so they could expose one due to the death of their #3. But Domi's injured and will miss much of the season. We'll see. It certainly wasn't a trade that was in the plus column for Columbus. Anderson was good for the Habs this season, especially in the playoffs. Jury is still out on the Laine/Dubois trade. Dubois wanted a "bigger stage". He ended up in the smallest market in the league.

Vegas obviously has pictures of Bettman and sheep. There simply can be no other explanation.

e9b17eb735a16d927aff34ce7c11498d.jpg
You know, there's a rational basis for the nhl's approach re: expansion. In a league that is not exactly swimming in money, it's not a bad idea to give new franchises the best chance for success out of the gate. So I think the concept is right, but they overshot the mark, and by a fair bit.

Expansion draft picks are in:

Forwards:

Islanders: Jordan Eberle
Lightning: Yanni Gourde
Avalanche: Joonas Donskoi
Penguins: Brandon Tanev
Maple Leafs: Jared McCann
Predators: Calle Jarnkrok
Coyotes: Tyler Pitlick
Jets: Mason Appleton
Devils: Nathan Bastian
Hurricanes: Morgan Geekie
Rangers: Colin Blackwell
Blackhawks: John Quenneville
Sharks: Alex True
Flyers: Carsen Twarynski
Canucks: Kole Lind

Defensemen:

Flames: Mark Giordano
Wild: Carson Soucy
Ducks: Haydn Fleury
Bruins: Jeremy Lauzon
Kings: Kurtis MacDermid
Stars: Jamie Oleksiak
Oilers: Adam Larsson
Blues: Vince Dunn
Canadiens: Cale Fleury
Blue Jackets: Gavin Bayreuther
Sabres: William Borgen

Goaltenders:

Senators: Joey Daccord
Capitals: Vitek Vanecek
Panthers: Chris Driedger

Expansion draft picks are in:

Forwards:

Islanders: Jordan Eberle
Lightning: Yanni Gourde
Avalanche: Joonas Donskoi
Penguins: Brandon Tanev
Maple Leafs: Jared McCann
Predators: Calle Jarnkrok
Coyotes: Tyler Pitlick
Jets: Mason Appleton
Devils: Nathan Bastian
Hurricanes: Morgan Geekie
Rangers: Colin Blackwell
Blackhawks: John Quenneville
Sharks: Alex True
Flyers: Carsen Twarynski
Canucks: Kole Lind

Defensemen:

Flames: Mark Giordano
Wild: Carson Soucy
Ducks: Haydn Fleury
Bruins: Jeremy Lauzon
Kings: Kurtis MacDermid
Stars: Jamie Oleksiak
Oilers: Adam Larsson
Blues: Vince Dunn
Canadiens: Cale Fleury
Blue Jackets: Gavin Bayreuther
Sabres: William Borgen

Goaltenders:

Senators: Joey Daccord
Capitals: Vitek Vanecek
Panthers: Chris Driedger

So you are saying that my Pens LOST Tanev??

If so, where is my nuclear hand grenade??

I want to toss it into the Pens front office. Grrr!

:mad: :( :mad:

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Unless they have a few big trades that have yet to be announced this team will suck. They passed on almost every high priced/talented player.

Unless they have a few big trades that have yet to be announced this team will suck. They passed on almost every high priced/talented player.

They have a lot of cap space to chase free agents.

So you are saying that my Pens LOST Tanev??

If so, where is my nuclear hand grenade??

I want to toss it into the Pens front office. Grrr!

:mad: :( :mad:
In a flat cap year, paying 3.5 million for a fourth line player is a problem. I love Tanev but with each passing year with the four years remaining on his contract there will likely be diminishing returns due to his age and style of play. Of course I would have preferred losing Petterson or Zucker but this is not the calamity some are portraying.

In a flat cap year, paying 3.5 million for a fourth line player is a problem. I love Tanev but with each passing year with the four years remaining on his contract there will likely be diminishing returns due to his age and style of play. Of course I would have preferred losing Petterson or Zucker but this is not the calamity some are portraying.
No, it's not a calamity.

But it is the worst possible result out of all the possibilities.

We should have kept McCann and made them choose between McCann and Tanev. They'd still have probably chosen Tanev, but then we'd have McCann.

Really, I don't understand the logic of the McCann trade.

No, it's not a calamity.

But it is the worst possible result out of all the possibilities.

We should have kept McCann and made them choose between McCann and Tanev. They'd still have probably chosen Tanev, but then we'd have McCann.

Really, I don't understand the logic of the McCann trade.
Fair point because in the end we lost Tanev and McCann for a 7th round pick and Hollander. The onus is now on the Pens to take the cap money saved with McCann trade and get a more rugged winger capable of scoring at the pace of McCann, which is not impossible considering McCann has zero goals in two playoff series I believe.

Fair point because in the end we lost Tanev and McCann for a 7th round pick and Hollander. The onus is now on the Pens to take the cap money saved with McCann trade and get a more rugged winger capable of scoring at the pace of McCann, which is not impossible considering McCann has zero goals in two playoff series I believe.
Plus whomever gets signed with the $6.5 million in cap space those losses created.

How many goals did Crosby have against the Islanders?

ADVERTISEMENT