ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Myrtle Beach restaurants...

CF LION

May 29, 2001
Looking to head down to MB possibly next weekend to visit my sister who is in failing health. Likely the last time I see her. Quick trip, not interested in anything other than food and maybe a place for a nightcap. I suspect Ubering is no issue there?

TIA

Looking to head down to MB possibly next weekend to visit my sister who is in failing health. Likely the last time I see her. Quick trip, not interested in anything other than food and maybe a place for a nightcap. I suspect Ubering is no issue there?

TIA
So sorry to hear about your sister. Feels odd to be giving restaurant recommendations under such circumstances. Nevertheless, I recommend Hoskins in North Myrtle Beach, very local joint with out of this world fried shrimp. Also recommend the Greg Norman Australian Grille. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Peace.

Sorry to hear about your sister. Please stop in the kitchen table for breakfast lunch in. North Myrtle beach. See you soon.

Reactions: psu_1294
In downtown Myrtle on Kings Highway, The Library is a really nice restaurant - tableside cooking, nice bar. Tell Shad, the owner, that Dave the wine guy sent you. Collectors Cafe is another good one; my wife and I would go there and get dessert and a drink after a movie or a show. New York Prime is a good steakhouse. Greg Norman’s is good in North Myrtle.

Looking to head down to MB possibly next weekend to visit my sister who is in failing health. Likely the last time I see her.

you've not exactly been dealt a nice hand of cards over the past few years. Sorry to read about your sister.

Reactions: vops

TIA

Can get a good cocktail at The Melting Pot. That’s it from me - enjoy the time you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
you've not exactly been dealt a nice hand of cards over the past few years. Sorry to read about your sister.

Thanks Tom. You play with the cards you're dealt and through some bad hands I've learned to play the game differently.

This year's theme at my son's school is "Live Courageously, Love Greatly". I've adopted that as my own personal motto and have decided to play my cards that way.

A few years ago this lost to MSU would have bothered me a lot. I'm disappointed for sure but I'm drinking some wine, listening to my son and his buddies play guitar and I am texting back and forth with my gorgeous, hot girlfriend, planning our next encounter.

So yes, I'm very sad that yet another person close to me will soon depart this world. But she also is playing the cards she was dealt courageously. She knows what is coming and I am awed by her strength and that of her husband.

Thanks Tom. You play with the cards you're dealt and through some bad hands I've learned to play the game differently.

This year's theme at my son's school is "Live Courageously, Love Greatly". I've adopted that as my own personal motto and have decided to play my cards that way.

A few years ago this lost to MSU would have bothered me a lot. I'm disappointed for sure but I'm drinking some wine, listening to my son and his buddies play guitar and I am texting back and forth with my gorgeous, hot girlfriend, planning our next encounter.

So yes, I'm very sad that yet another person close to me will soon depart this world. But she also is playing the cards she was dealt courageously. She knows what is coming and I am awed by her strength and that of her husband.
Carpe Diem ..... urge someone to make the most of the present time and give little thought to the future

In downtown Myrtle on Kings Highway, The Library is a really nice restaurant - tableside cooking, nice bar. Tell Shad, the owner, that Dave the wine guy sent you. Collectors Cafe is another good one; my wife and I would go there and get dessert and a drink after a movie or a show. New York Prime is a good steakhouse. Greg Norman’s is good in North Myrtle.
Norman’s is good, way overpriced ( I don’t like Greg Norman). If $$$ is not a big deal, the steaks are top shelf!

ADVERTISEMENT