ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Meyer: QB battle 'starting to eat away at me'

Alphabets

Feb 4, 2014
https://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/117152/meyer-qb-battle-starting-to-eat-away-at-me

I think it's going to be Barrett, although that's pretty tough on Braxton....and Cardale
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/25 12:53 PM by Alphabets

Urbz having his intestines eaten away by his own acid. ...........Hmmmm

Wish I'd have thought of that when I put my curse on him. That one didn't work too well
3dgrin.r191677.gif

If he wants to do what's best for himself and the future, he starts Braxton, that way Jones will be back in 2016 and Barrett will be a year behind him, that will set everything up pretty well for them.

If Meyer was an admirable coach,which he isn't, he would have advised Braxton to transfer where he could play immediately for one of the top college programs. He would have been very successful! Instead he will sit on the bench. Meyer only was interested in all the riches he had at quarterback, not the individual man.

If Braxton graduates in May, he can still transfer without sitting out

A la Russel Wilson. I still think he ends up at LSU or Ole Miss.

Re: If Braxton graduates in May, he can still transfer without sitting out

If that is the case, he's crazy not to go. Why even risk it unless he has Urban's guarantee? Even that means nothing, really.

What a narcissist . He gets paid 5 plus mil a year to coach and make decisions and his QB battle is about how it's getting to him?
Please .... Get over yourself , get over your feelings for only you. Make a damn decision and get the kids in the right place for THEM to succeed.
Poor Urban - I really feel for you ..... NOT!

I predicted this problem several months ago.

There is no guarantee that either Miller or Barrett will be healthy enough to participate in spring practice and no real guarantee that either will hold up once they start to get hit again.

Come September, I have to think Miller is the odd man out. If Jones stays healthy, how do you not play him? Then, why give reps to a fifth year senior?

Barrett has already used RS year, I am pretty sure, so he would back up and then play 1 or 2 more years, depending on when he goes pro.

I would think Jones definitely goes pro next year, unless this year is a bust for some reason.

This whole QB thing could turn into a mess for OSU, but they have so much talent that it will not slow them down much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT