ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Masters Week!

There is something so uniquely amazing about winning an a golf tournament individually. Augusta shows it better than all others when they walk off the 72nd hole. No teammates or coaches, singular achievement, shared with family & friends.

Reactions: Obliviax
Tiger walking 24+ extremely hilly miles over the last four days is just stunningly incredible.

It was incredible. He didn't make the story of the day about his pain, just good golf by the others. Tiger limped to the clubhouse with a smile on his face and greeted people on the way. I was impressed, because I'm sure he felt terrible.

Was happy to see him play again. Great for him and the sport. And a testament to modern medicine, physical therapy, and his grit and determination to come back. An amazing exhibit of the human spirit.

But glad he didn’t win or even challenge....and I know I will take some heat for this. But his accident was never investigated. They took no blood samples, no toxicology reports, didn’t seize and examine his cell phone to find the cause of his accident. IIRC he was doing over 60 MPH in a 35 MPH zone and wasn’t even fined for that. And it is blessed that no one else was injured at that hour of the morning,

Yes, I know he had serious injuries and suffered for his mistakes. But that is not how the law is supposed to work. If it had any of us....normal, working class people.... the wreck would have been fully investigated and we would have faced some serious legal issues. Especially with someone with a history of drug abuse.

Just tired of seeing celebrities treated so differently. Perhaps if he had not been pampered as a super star all his life he would not have done this yet again.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
It was incredible. He didn't make the story of the day about his pain, just good golf by the others. Tiger limped to the clubhouse with a smile on his face and greeted people on the way. I was impressed, because I'm sure he felt terrible.
He seemed much more grounded...a lot more humbled. At the same time, you could see he still has that competitive spirit. There were a lot of comments about him mentoring several younger players.

Scheffler seems like a great guy and I am glad he won. Smith had to get aggressive and that forced errors but kudos for him for putting it out there. I loved Scheffler's father's comments when Scottie won the matchplay championship "I am proud of you but more as a person than a golfer" (or something like that). There was a lot of conversation that making golf second to being a good person took the pressure off of him. Scottie has a great attitude about competing, being in the moment, committing to the shot, preparing and the rest is out of your control. Probably something that was left out of Tiger's upbringing.

Lastly, Morikawa and McIlroy's 18th was epic. Mc, who's one a lot of events including majors, said it was the most excited he's ever been on a golf course. He said "this place never fails to deliver something special." or something like that.

Fun weekend of golf sandwiched in between spring cleaning of four lawns and waxing the old family van.

Always worth watching for the scenery, the quality of the course, and the stories.

Great to see Scheffler emerge as a superstar. Can he face the challenges that come with increased publicity and fame?

Talk about staying on top -- Tiger Woods had the number one ranking for 679 weeks!

ADVERTISEMENT