ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lexus or BMW

Battery life estimates are 300,000 miles but if you charge to 100% very frequently then it will degrade more quickly. Warranty is to 120,000 miles, which is awesome in my view. After the warranty expires, the cost for replacement is $6k.

Keep in mind, you will have saved about $12k on fuel expenses by the time the warranty expires. Plus no transmission to go bad, no timing belts, no catalytic converter...Model 3 has 20 moving parts. A traditional car gas engine has 2000.
Is it comfortable? What sorts of options are available such as heated or cooled seats, heated steering wheel, sound system? I look at photos of the interior and it reminds me of sitting at work with a computer monitor all day. There is something weird about the aesthetics. Am I wrong?

I don’t think the Sonata is a piece of shit....I know it’s a piece of shit because I drove and owned one, unlike you. I don’t care about European sales or cars. If you think a Sonata is so great go ahead and buy one. I’ll keep driving my Camry which is worlds better in every aspect. Including at trade in.

And there are people who think the Camry is a PoS based on their ownership experience.

Speaking of Toyota, the IIHS recently did the small off-set crash on the passenger side for several minivans, and the Sienna did poorly - rating Poor for the passenger side when it came to structural integrity/safety cage.

CR-Cars-Gallery-2018-Toyota-Sienna-Crash-8-18

Like Ford, Toyota made changes to fortify the driver's side but either didn't bother to do so on the passenger side or didn't do enough.

But yeah, the Sienna has good resale value.

As for Tesla, there have been reports of the Model 3's bumper falling off in the rain.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-13-at-14.28.02-copy.jpg

And there are people who think the Camry is a PoS based on their ownership experience.

Speaking of Toyota, the IIHS recently did the small off-set crash on the passenger side for several minivans, and the Sienna did poorly - rating Poor for the passenger side when it came to structural integrity/safety cage.

CR-Cars-Gallery-2018-Toyota-Sienna-Crash-8-18

Like Ford, Toyota made changes to fortify the driver's side but either didn't bother to do so on the passenger side or didn't do enough.

But yeah, the Sienna has good resale value.

As for Tesla, there have been reports of the Model 3's bumper falling off in the rain.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-13-at-14.28.02-copy.jpg

You really love Hyundai. You should buy one.

Since this thread has devolved from its original intent:

Has anyone researched or looked at the Range Rover Hybrid?

Penney/Mass/Katarinic -feel free to go on one of your rants but answer "yes" or "no" to my question first.

Is it comfortable? What sorts of options are available such as heated or cooled seats, heated steering wheel, sound system? I look at photos of the interior and it reminds me of sitting at work with a computer monitor all day. There is something weird about the aesthetics. Am I wrong?

I love the minimalist interior - it makes perfect sense after you understand that regular (almost weekly) over-the-air updates are adding features and tweaking the user interface. While driving, the touchscreen is mostly a giant Google Maps display - very practical.

By removing all of the static displays, buttons and knobs that typically clutter the dash, you get an incredible dual blade heating/cooling system and room for 2 phones so you don’t have to take up a cup holder for stowing your phone like most interiors.

Seats are phenomenal - front and rear are heated with the premium interior upgrade package. Cabinet temp and heated seats are controlled from the app - so it’s like remote start on steroids.

Sound system is the best factory audio I have experienced-speaker placement is perfect. The audio experience is really enhanced by the low background noise / quiet drivetrain.

Last edited:
You really love Hyundai. You should buy one.

My last post really didn't have anything to do w/ Hyundai (just poking holes at your assertions).

And if I were to go for a mainstream brand right now, Mazda would be my choice in most segments.

Going back to Tesla...

e76fa9a0-tesla-model-3-white-interior-.jpg

Not surprised at all that this mishap not only occurred in production, but that it passed inspection and was delivered to the customer.

Since this thread has devolved from its original intent:

Has anyone researched or looked at the Range Rover Hybrid?

Penney/Mass/Katarinic -feel free to go on one of your rants but answer "yes" or "no" to my question first.

JLR is doing some nice things w/ their BEVs; don't know too much about their hybrid system, but hybrids are pretty much a mature tech nowadays so shouldn't be an issue.

That is, if you can deal w/ the possible reliability issues w/ Range Rover overall (aside from that, Range Rovers are very nice), which shouldn't as much of an issue if you are leasing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT