ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lawn Game Recommendations

PS4814

Jul 28, 2016
The State of Paranoia
We moved into a new house about a year and a half ago and the lawn (an acre grown from seed) is finally decent enough to host an outdoor get together. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on games that would be good for a group of adults. Or failing that, any way to "adultify" family outdoor games like croquet etc. I've picked up Kubb already and a set of light up bocce balls that look amazing at night. Searching through amazon has led me to things like Molkky and Rollors, but not sure they would hold interest very long.

I say go with the lawn darts (Jarts). Make sure you get the old fashioned ones with the really sharp points so you can aerate your lawn while drinking beer and throwing them around the yard. Look how much fun this guy had...
Picture1.png

We moved into a new house about a year and a half ago and the lawn (an acre grown from seed) is finally decent enough to host an outdoor get together. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on games that would be good for a group of adults. Or failing that, any way to "adultify" family outdoor games like croquet etc. I've picked up Kubb already and a set of light up bocce balls that look amazing at night. Searching through amazon has led me to things like Molkky and Rollors, but not sure they would hold interest very long.

Anything you can play while holding a drink.

Reactions: jim cummings
Kubb and Jarts (the most exciting outdoor game today!) are our go-to games...

Expect to shell-out $75+ for a decent original Jarts set on Craigslist... do NOT get slider-jarts or any Regent-brand sets, get the original in the white corrugated cardboard "briefcase"

Appreciate all the replies guys. On the jarts I know they're illegal to be sold in the US, but I hadn't considered craigslist, might even try some local flea-markets. My grandparents had a set in their basement, but they were so brittle that the fins snapped when we picked them up. Will look into ladder golf w/beer holder, I have a cheap set that is walmart grade so if you know where I can get that model let me know.

Get a frozen margarita machine. Later, when the girls are drunk and the guys are horny, hand out cheap beaded necklaces and send the girls up on the balcony for Mardi Gras necklace toss. Get a Cuban to roll fresh cigars for the guys. Don't skimp and get Dominicans, they roll em too tight.

Last edited:
On a more serious side... this would be pretty sweet and up your alley with the artificial grass. Go big or go home.
c39195fc03442446_4667-w500-h400-b0-p0--landscape.jpg
I've done quite a few shoe pits. I wouldn't have done that one like that. Needs a lot of sand to hide the yarn lines (which should be running the other way to begin w/). On top of that, the putting green has the tint of North Myrtle Beach putt putt, but I digress...

That also looks like a shell-rock or coquina bocce court up above. That looks nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: jim cummings
Quoits. It's a bit of an investment to get the slate boards, but it's a damn fun game. Came from overseas, but it flourished in our great state of Pennsylvania.

Doesn't anybody play Red light, green light, yellow light stop any more? LOL

God bless my dad because we always had the yard looking bad. We either played wiffle ball so you had the basepaths worn down in the yard or we played badminton and the yard looked a lot like this a good deal of time and add in basepaths.
He always said he'd rather have us where he could see us and know I was ok instead of having a beautiful yard and me never at home.

maxresdefault96.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT