ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jose Canseco needs your help and wants to give Tebow hitting lessons

PearlSUJam

Dec 31, 2013
Thought this board could use some comic relief on this crappy winter night. The MiLB softball HR challenge tour must not have been too lucrative.

Reactions: 81b&w
Thought this board could use some comic relief on this crappy winter night. The MiLB softball HR challenge tour must not have been too lucrative.

Is his daughter tagging along?

bf458ddb73f6b47358cdfec155cc3694.jpg

Funny Jose Canseco story.
S few years ago, I was on a flight from Las Vegas to DC and Canseco was on it. He was apparently flying to London for some event and had a connection through DC
He had a coach ticket, but tried to sit in 1st class. He whispered to the flight attendant that he was with the woman next to him. The flight attendant asked her if she knew him. She made a face, said she didn't, and he got kicked back to coach where he was stuffed in the seat like a sausage.
He managed to get a coke spilled on his sweatpants. He walked back to the drink cart which was right by me and grabbed a handful of napkins. He then proceeded to aggressively dry off his junk while standing in the aisle while most of the plane snickered.
Guy seems to be struggling with life after baseball as a commoner without much $$.

S few years ago, I was on a flight from Las Vegas to DC and Canseco was on it. He was apparently flying to London for some event and had a connection through DC
He had a coach ticket, but tried to sit in 1st class. He whispered to the flight attendant that he was with the woman next to him. The flight attendant asked her if she knew him. She made a face, said she didn't, and he got kicked back to coach where he was stuffed in the seat like a sausage.
He managed to get a coke spilled on his sweatpants. He walked back to the drink cart which was right by me and grabbed a handful of napkins. He then proceeded to aggressively dry off his junk while standing in the aisle while most of the plane snickered.
Guy seems to be struggling with life after baseball as a commoner without much $$.
Got a good chuckle reading this Hackman’s. Life’s been good to me so far !

The roids are expensive. He was probably on his way to another minor league park for a pre game softball home run derby. My friends brother got asked to participate and backed out when he found out Jose brings his own softballs. True story.

The roids are expensive. He was probably on his way to another minor league park for a pre game softball home run derby. My friends brother got asked to participate and backed out when he found out Jose brings his own softballs. True story.

Tom Brady also brings his own softballs.

I believe that 100%.
Sorry guys but I've been to alot of these HR hitting contest (young guys and seniors)and noone brings their own softballs.There is a reason for this too.The softballs supplied are the hardest,longest flight balls made.This is to maximize the distance of each HR.This adds to the excitement of the event.What separates the hitters are their bats.Some guys have better technology than others and I'll leave it at that!In a true who's the best HR contest(there are some) all contestants swing the same bats provided be the promoter of the event.Thus no cheating true winner but these contest aren't on TV because the HRs don't go nearly as far.

The idea of going Sasquatch Hunting with Jose Canseco is so bat shit crazy that it might be worth a few bucks just for the stories you could tell.

Canseco always seemed like a guy that would be cool to get drunk with. I bet he is a hoot. I met him at a card signing once about 12 years ago and he was really off the wall.

Sorry guys but I've been to alot of these HR hitting contest (young guys and seniors)and noone brings their own softballs.There is a reason for this too.The softballs supplied are the hardest,longest flight balls made.This is to maximize the distance of each HR.This adds to the excitement of the event.What separates the hitters are their bats.Some guys have better technology than others and I'll leave it at that!In a true who's the best HR contest(there are some) all contestants swing the same bats provided be the promoter of the event.Thus no cheating true winner but these contest aren't on TV because the HRs don't go nearly as far.
Don't go that far? He posted this 2 days ago.

ADVERTISEMENT