ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jay Paterno voted in the alumni trustee election

Jay voted for the same 3 people that PS4RS endorsed.

No surprise there.

ANIMALFARMprint.jpg

Would like to see a list of what our trustees have done since being elected. We hear a lot about what they say they’ll do - mostly at election time. What has Jay done in is year on the board? Vote record?

What would you expect to find? Most of the stuff that the Board, any board, votes on is routine and boring.

Now if someone would put forward a vote of no confidence in Indiana Fats then we'd have something to watch!

What would you expect to find? Most of the stuff that the Board, any board, votes on is routine and boring.

Now if someone would put forward a vote of no confidence in Indiana Fats then we'd have something to watch!

I don't have super high expectations - just want to see what they've done relative to the platform they used to get elected. Does anyone have Jay's (or the others) PS4RS questionnaire? I found a few articles about Jay after he was elected, but his 'goals' were really broad and non-specific (lower tuition, more accessible education to Pennsylvanians, fiduciary responsibility) - what has he done in those regards?

barren's got this. Give early, often, and in large sums.

:eek:

I don't have super high expectations - just want to see what they've done relative to the platform they used to get elected. Does anyone have Jay's (or the others) PS4RS questionnaire? I found a few articles about Jay after he was elected, but his 'goals' were really broad and non-specific (lower tuition, more accessible education to Pennsylvanians, fiduciary responsibility) - what has he done in those regards?

The problem with those sorts of campaign planks is that while they are very appealing, there is little that a Trustee, particularly an individual trustee, can do to bring them to fruition. They have no executive or administrative authority and, like it or not, it's a part-time job, and not much of one at that.

For tuition to be lowered, or at least capped, you'd need an action by the entire Board to direct Indiana Fats to do it or get fired. No alumni trustee carries a stick big enough to move the Board in that direction.

My expectations are pretty much zero when it comes to anything meaningful. Thus, I'd settle for someone who is inclined to throw more than a few grenades. Won't get anything done, but will provide entertainment, at least for someone as perverse as me.

ADVERTISEMENT