ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Interesting article (study) on ill effects of alcohol vs marijuana (link)...

Both drugs negatively affect your memory — but in different ways. These effects are the most common in heavy, frequent, or binge users.

Also, both drugs negatively affect your memory — but in different ways. These effects are the most common in heavy, frequent, or binge users.

Reactions: Obliviax
The big one for me is the levels of violence. Some people are just wired to get nasty and violent when they drink; from my experience that just doesn't happen with weed. Not that being stoned is great for you, it can be a big waste of time, but stoned people aren't going to out and pick fights and get in car chases. Stoned people are a little more inhibited and that's a good thing.

Alcohol causes so many serious problems at college with violence and rape -- wouldn't happen nearly as much if cannabis became the drug of choice on college campuses. People do stupid things but I think stoned people are less likely to be aggressive and coerce people into doing stuff they don't want to do. Would frats be so aggressive with their hazing rituals if they were vaping instead of drinking?

Both drugs negatively affect your memory — but in different ways. These effects are the most common in heavy, frequent, or binge users.

Also, both drugs negatively affect your memory — but in different ways. These effects are the most common in heavy, frequent, or binge users.

LMAO

Reactions: jim cummings
They are not comparable. Not sure why people insist on comparing the two.

One is a smoke that is inhaled. The other is a beverage which is consumed.

The main difference between alcohol and MJ is that one is somewhat controllable. The other is not.

LdN

Not necessarily.

Not necessarily.

Yes, and of course alcohol can be injected. However, in the common sense it is true.

These are not two things that are comparable.

Simply being better than alcohol (which is 100% impossible to ban) is not justification for making something legal.

LdN

Yes, and of course alcohol can be injected. However, in the common sense it is true.

Simply being better than alcohol (which is 100% impossible to ban) is not justification for making something legal.

LdN

I guess you can inject alcohol but I enjoy the taste so there's that.
you can vape or use oils or edibiles.
Yea we wont agree on this.

LdN

We citizens shouldn't have to justify it not being illegal - that's kinda like being asked to prove a negative. The lawmakers should have to justify it being - or being made - illegal.

I guess you can inject alcohol but I enjoy the taste so there's that.
you can vape or use oils or edibiles.
Yea we wont agree on this.

Well we already did. You can obviously take both in a variety of ways.

However in the general context one is consumed as a beverage and the other is smoked/vaped.

I'm certain, if the need arose there would be just as many ways to enjoy alcohol as illegal narcotics. There just isn't the need.

LdN

tenor.gif

LdN
Can you tell me again how the 100% ban has done for MJ? TIA

Is it just me or do the number of Mary Jane references on this board rival the number of Pitt references?

It is already illegal.

LdN

Right, but the way it should work here in America, is, by default, everything is legal. Everything. Then, if there's a good argument for it to be illegal, it's made illegal.

And then, over time, while lawmakers hear arguments why other/new things should be made illegal, they're also re-evaluating things that are already illegal to make sure the arguments for them being illegal still stand.

That's the way it should work, anyway, here in the "free country" of America.

So, "is there still a good argument for MJ being illegal?" That is the question. Not, "what is the argument for making MJ legal?" ... Because the answer to the latter is simply, "Because there is no good argument for it being illegal."

Reactions: 91Joe95
Right, but the way it should work here in America, is, by default, everything is legal. Everything. Then, if there's a good argument for it to be illegal, it's made illegal.

And then, over time, while lawmakers hear arguments why other/new things should be made illegal, they're also re-evaluating things that are already illegal to make sure the arguments for them being illegal still stand.

That's the way it should work, anyway, here in the "free country" of America.

So, "is there still a good argument for MJ being illegal?" That is the question. Not, "what is the argument for making MJ legal?" ... Because the answer to the latter is simply, "Because there is no good argument for it being illegal."
Simple reason was a movie made 80 years ago that brainwashed generations into thinking kids on the old MJ were going around mass murdering people. Who made that movie...the government.

MJ has been consumed for over 5000 years around the world and in many cultures. Research is being done in Israel and Canada on the medicinal benefits of both CBD and THC. Here in Colorado we tax it and use the proceeds to benefit schools, the homeless, and educating people on its use. Everyone of my friends and relatives that are over 60 that have visited me in the past several years have wanted to visit a retail shop. I have taken all of them to my local shop and they are amazed at the wide choice of ways to enjoy. There are edibles, drinkables, vaping oils, and of course flowers. Many of them have purchased different products and CBD creams that ease arthritis and other pains. Weed can be bought in every US state legally or illegally. Here the money goes to benefit schools, in other states where it is illegal money goes to benefit organized crime and cartels. Colorado has seen a decrease in use among teens and also a decline in alcohol consumption. We take money from states like Texas, Utah, Oklahoma, Nebraska. New Mexico, Arizona, and Wyoming because they have not woken up to the world in 2018 and many of their residents from 21-80 like to consume to relax or for other medicinal issues. Canada is going to full recreational approval for July of this year. I am in support of full legalization and taxing it in every state. Either fund the states tax coffers or fund the cartels, either way cannibis use is not going away.

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT