ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I'll Be Me - Glen Campbell documentary on his battle with Alzheimer's

PSU73

Feb 10, 2002
ColumbusOh via PortVue/CLE/Houston/CLE
Some time ago there was a thread about Glen and I recall the discussion on his Ghost on the Canvas and See You There albums, though I cannot remember if this documentary was mentioned. It was produced in 2012.

I had recorded it and watched it last night. It will replay tonite on CNN at 9pm eastern. I highly recommend you record it. It follows Glen over his last tour. He had already gone public with his Alzheimers and he and the family agreed, even wanted to do this documentary. It is very personal, touching and heartwarming as you watch his battle and the progression of the disease and how all try to cope; but, as it increasingly makes it hard for him and his family there are some uncomfortable and tense moments.

While he struggled with day-to-day things (and took on a huge liking for very colorful things which has to make you smile), late into the progression he was still able to recall his music when he got on stage (though teleprompters were used to help him with the words, he wasn't always dependent on it).

Here's a link to a June update on how Glen is doing, for anyone interested: http://glencampbellmusic.com/a-touching-update-on-glen-from-a-campbell-family-friend/

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT