ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If any pro wrestling fans out here

sunshinedynomite

Dec 1, 2014
How about this super match

Bryan Adam’s ( WCW wrestler) and Sting (singer)

vs

Bryan Adam’s (singer ) and sting (WCW wrestler)

Reactions: fronk71

attachment.php

A thread in which ya'll are talking to each other in poems has 3 ****ing pages, but ya'll came in to shit on this thread? Shame.

Reactions: danoftw
Speaking of Pro Wrestling, anyone here been keeping up with the A&E Biography shows of the WWE wrestlers on Sunday nights? I thought the Macho Man, Roddy Piper and Booker T episodes were excellent! I turned off Sean Michaels halfway thru. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

Speaking of Pro Wrestling, anyone here been keeping up with the A&E Biography shows of the WWE wrestlers on Sunday nights? I thought the Macho Man, Roddy Piper and Booker T episodes were excellent! I turned off Sean Michaels halfway thru. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.
I caught the Stone Cold one this past Saturday in the hotel after Northern Plains FS. It was a long day, so it saw more of me than I did of it, disappointedly enough. What I did see was a good background run through of his career. Seemed good. I was looking forward to Shawn Michaels’ episode. Darn.

Watched the andre the giant one. Thought it was done well.

Pro wrestling is pure “entertainment tonight” stuff. But when will there be a pro folkstyle league? In college wrestling hot bed areas it would sellout with former NCAA AA’s. Ten teams and each dual each other over 9 weeks and then have a final tournament. January- March with 5 matches a week with each team having 9 total matches. Have 12 weight classes. Starting at 130, 140, 150, 160, etc. through 230 and 300. That would be 2-2.5 hrs of good entertainment and $10 ticket.

Reactions: jschrantz
Pro wrestling is pure “entertainment tonight” stuff. But when will there be a pro folkstyle league? In college wrestling hot bed areas it would sellout with former NCAA AA’s. Ten teams and each dual each other over 9 weeks and then have a final tournament. January- March with 5 matches a week with each team having 9 total matches. Have 12 weight classes. Starting at 130, 140, 150, 160, etc. through 230 and 300. That would be 2-2.5 hrs of good entertainment and $10 ticket.
There will be a pro folkstyle league when there are enough people that pay to watch it... sadly, we don’t have as many fans as other professional sports...

I’d pay, but not sure we have enough base to sustain it for 5 matches a week? Greatly reduce that number, then maybe

I’d pay, but not sure we have enough base to sustain it for 5 matches a week? Greatly reduce that number, then maybe

We already had Real Pro Wrestling back in the mid 2000s and it did not last long. For now the alternative is what Rofkin and Flo have been doing in freestyle matches and those have all been great.

The largest wrestling fanbase is a fan of a school, once a wrestler graduates the interest drops dramatically. There's no way with the current fanbase to have a senior level league that will consistently sell out, or even generate 1/3rd the interest of your average high level NCAA dual. Wish it wasn't the case but it's been proven time and time again, changing from free to folk won't make a dent in that.

Reactions: Dogwelder
The largest wrestling fanbase is a fan of a school, once a wrestler graduates the interest drops dramatically. There's no way with the current fanbase to have a senior level league that will consistently sell out, or even generate 1/3rd the interest of your average high level NCAA dual. Wish it wasn't the case but it's been proven time and time again, changing from free to folk won't make a dent in that.

I agree. For the crazies that post here it is not true but for most wrestling fans they will not and did not support Real Pro Wrestling.

I'm disappointed we haven't had any rofkin matches or rtc matches lately.

I dont need the guys training for Olympics but guys like cox, nicky nails, cenzo, hall, and on and on could be giving us some entertainment in the dead periods

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT