ADVERTISEMENT

OT I think Florida new coach is on tv right now

Agree. Will be surprised if UF doesn't go with Mullen.

Sounds like Chip to UCLA. So, who do Vols get?

Agree. Will be surprised if UF doesn't go with Mullen.

Sounds like Chip to UCLA. So, who do Vols get?

Maybe Scott Frost but he'll probably go to Nebraska.
Dave Clawson (Wake) or Tee Martin (USC OC) could make sense as they have Fulmer ties
Matt Anderson or PJ Fleck? they will be rumored for a lot of jobs IMO
Kevin Sumlin? lol
I think Tennessee's probably is trying to get Gruden but I doubt that happens

Mullen’s team under achieving big time tonight.

How do you play so hard vs Bama and then get blown out by Ole Miss?

Remember some wanted him at Penn State? Thank God that didn’t happen.

To be fair, Miss State lost their QB in this one. Not sure I'd put all the blame on Mullen there. Fitzgerald is very important to that team

Vols will have a tough search. No way Gruden goes there. Too much heavy lifting to be done at UT. Middle of the pack SEC school. Campbell has done a great job at Iowa St, but has close to a $10MM buyout. I would think Schiano, Mike Norvell, Petrino, and Mike Gundy will be targets. If UF hires Frost, which isnt likely, then I would think Mullen will also be in the mix at UT.

Vols will have a tough search. No way Gruden goes there. Too much heavy lifting to be done at UT. Middle of the pack SEC school. Campbell has done a great job at Iowa St, but has close to a $10MM buyout. I would think Schiano, Mike Norvell, Petrino, and Mike Gundy will be targets. If UF hires Frost, which isnt likely, then I would think Mullen will also be in the mix at UT.

Gundy and Norvell could definitely be in the mix. I'd be shocked if they went after Schiano. Is Dave Doreen an option? Should be an interesting off season.

So the five turnovers were Mullens fault? Some at the end of big gainers.

Gundy and Norvell could definitely be in the mix. I'd be shocked if they went after Schiano. Is Dave Doreen an option? Should be an interesting off season.

Yes, Schiano is on the short list. What does short list mean? Is he in the #4-6 range, yes. Reports say he is interested and has spoken to the AD. UT is not going to get Kelly or Mullen. No way Gruden goes to UT.

I would think Norvell is their best bet after Mullen and Kelly. He checks all the boxes.

Mullen has the best coaching job in the SEC.

He doesn't coach at a school that thinks it's Alabama. It doesn't expect to be in the hunt for a NC every year. It doesn't fire coaches (2) who were SEC Coaches of the Year two years earlier. It doesn't fire a coach who won a NC two years earlier.

He is well paid; in 2015 he ranked 14th among all college coaches. He is under ZERO pressure to win a NC. He has an established program and no need to rebuild and endure that added stress.

I do think he would leave for either ND or Penn State, but those positions would never be offered to him at this point in his career.

Yes, Schiano is on the short list. What does short list mean? Is he in the #4-6 range, yes. Reports say he is interested and has spoken to the AD. UT is not going to get Kelly or Mullen. No way Gruden goes to UT.

I would think Norvell is their best bet after Mullen and Kelly. He checks all the boxes.

If I was Tennessee I'd much rather go Norvell then Schiano. Schiano being on anyone's short list is absurd to me. Maybe I'm just undervaluing him though.

Mullen has the best coaching job in the SEC.

He doesn't coach at a school that thinks it's Alabama. It doesn't expect to be in the hunt for a NC every year. It doesn't fire coaches (2) who were SEC Coaches of the Year two years earlier. It doesn't fire a coach who won a NC two years earlier.

He is well paid; in 2015 he ranked 14th among all college coaches. He is under ZERO pressure to win a NC. He has an established program and no need to rebuild and endure that added stress.

I do think he would leave for either ND or Penn State, but those positions would never be offered to him at this point in his career.

So, what you're saying is that he's basically Pat Fitzgerald, Kirk Ferentz, Troy Calhoun, Mike Gundy, etc...coaches that could probably move on but they don't want to deal with the pressure of winning titles?

So, what you're saying is that he's basically Pat Fitzgerald, Kirk Ferentz, Troy Calhoun, Mike Gundy, etc...coaches that could probably move on but they don't want to deal with the pressure of winning titles?

I said he doesn't want to deal with the pressure of winning titles at many of the SEC schools.

I don't think you understand the SEC mindset; it's really bizarre. According to that mindset, Joe would have been fired after the 1984 season.

I said he doesn't want to deal with the pressure of winning titles at many of the SEC schools.

I don't think you understand the SEC mindset; it's really bizarre. According to that mindset, Joe would have been fired after the 1984 season.

That's my fault...you did say he'd go to Notre Dame or Penn State so that's unlike the others.

I believe Tee Martin is coming home to the Vols. Makes the most sense.

I really do think that's a perfect fit. They supposedly want someone that's been a head coach--if that wasn't the case I think Martin going to Tennessee would be as likely as Frost to Nebraska

I really do think that's a perfect fit. They supposedly want someone that's been a head coach--if that wasn't the case I think Martin going to Tennessee would be as likely as Frost to Nebraska

not sure why these fan bases want to just get a coach who was a player at their school. these schools will over pay to get an alumni coach. wow.

Frost makes sense to UF - he is comfortable in Florida and knows the area recruiting. short move is easier on family, and who would want to live in Lincoln. he represents a fast track back for UF. Mullen to UT - assuming he thinks that is even better than Miss St. UT may have difficulty. Dabo has made Clemson a much bigger profile team than UF or UT. only school Dabo ever goes to would be Bama IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT