ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I may have a new favorite creamery flavor...

I am probably late on the wagon. I have always been a Peachey Paterno guy, but went to Nittany Scoops today and got the grilled stickies flavor... I then bought a pint of it. Sooooo good, if you haven't tried it yet!

I can't wait to try out "Shrewsberry" after our first B10 Title ;-)
After all these years, I’ve recently found a new favorite flavor myself....Raspberry Fudge Torte. Highly recommended!

I am probably late on the wagon. I have always been a Peachey Paterno guy, but went to Nittany Scoops today and got the grilled stickies flavor... I then bought a pint of it. Sooooo good, if you haven't tried it yet!

I had it a couple weeks ago. It was amazing! It takes a lot of will power to drive up to Nittany Scoops and not get some

The Shrewsberries taste like Shrewsberries!

Black Cow back on the flavor roster. Vanilla with root beer swirl
Ooohhh... I love Brown Cow. That and Coconut Chip are my go-to flavors. Although I may have to try the Grilled Stickies variety! Great... now I am jonesing for Creamery ice cream lol! May need to make a road trip before the fall...

For me it's Palmer Mousseum with almonds. Chocolate ice cream wit chocolate mouse swirled in and soooo many almonds. When it's available I drive the 250 miles round trip and stock up.

Reactions: BBrown
Wake up, Rose has had a flavor for years.
Tell you what though, I haven't seen Russ' flavor there in ages and we make it by the Creamery several times a year. Shame because it's dynamite. And given that Russ has been outspoken in support of JVP, I feel like it may not be a coincidence

Tell you what though, I haven't seen Russ' flavor there in ages and we make it by the Creamery several times a year. Shame because it's dynamite. And given that Russ has been outspoken in support of JVP, I feel like it may not be a coincidence
Your timing i off. They had it a few months ago. I check the Creamery site weekly for flavor updates. https://creamery.psu.edu/

It’s back in stock on their list.

It’s only served on special occasions in commemorative tin foil cups, cones, & caps.

I tried the Alumni swirl when I wen up there about a month ago and I was surprised how much I liked it. I’m sitting here right now thinking about making an order of the Alumni swirl and the black cow. But then the Bittersweet mint is such a favorite of mine and my wife’s.
Of course if I order the 5 half gallons she will kill me. Hahahaha.
First world problems

I tried the Alumni swirl when I wen up there about a month ago and I was surprised how much I liked it. I’m sitting here right now thinking about making an order of the Alumni swirl and the black cow. But then the Bittersweet mint is such a favorite of mine and my wife’s.
Of course if I order the 5 half gallons she will kill me. Hahahaha.
First world problems
Unfortunately, some flavors are not available in pints.

I always get Peachy Paterno for sentimental reasons but Death by Chocolate is probably my favorite. You really can’t make a bad choice. The Grilled Stickies is very good too, as is Happy Happy Joy Joy, Espresso Mocha, Coconut Chip, there are really too many to list. Chocolate Pretzel Crunch gives you the best of both worlds. Buy a few different flavors and alternate them. Fill up your freezer for summer!

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
A great flavor they had around Christmas was Peppermint Stick. Loaded with pieces of peppermint candy.
That's my all-time favorite. The other short term holiday flavors are pumpkin pie, which they've had long before pumpkin spice took over the nation, and eggnog.

Of the year round flavors, my favs are WPSX Coffee Break and Keeney Beany Chocolate. Other favorite short term flavors are Teaberry, Pralines & Cream, Apple Cobbler Crunch, and Monkey Business.

If you go to their website and look up the flavor, you can sign up to be emailed then the flavor is in stock.

The discussion begins and ends with Death by Chocolate. The rest is just poppycock.

ADVERTISEMENT