ADVERTISEMENT

OT I Love a Parade!

I forgot it was going on and stepped out to lunch right when the team passed by

Nice. It's a rare thing. By my count, my teams have won nine championships in my 58 years. The last one was in 1991 though, twenty-five long, suffering years ago. So enjoy it to the fullest, I always say.

Reactions: fairgambit
I forgot it was going on and stepped out to lunch right when the team passed by
Nice! My brother-in-law and others got a chance to experience as part of their workday. Wish I could be there - but happy to be going to the annual basketball banquet. We have been attending for most of Jay's 15 years at Villanova! He does it (w)right!

I was a Big 5 fan long before PSU in b'ball. From Kenny Durrett and LaSalle to the present. In Harrisburg we got certain Philly games from the Palestra for our initial taste of college bb. Also in the 60's more East coast's best players went to the ACC. We always got the ACC final . Now I frequent the Bryce every year to cheer on the beloved Nits. Just caught the 'Nova parade from center city. Can't believe I-95 was shut down during rush hour on Tuesday to get the team from the airport to Lancaster Ave. Wow! Now some of our Philly recruits can hopefully take us to the promised land. Can Cael coach b-ball also?

The crowds really came out. Many, many people. Jay Wright in addition to being a HOF coach is a good politician and a good ambassador and acknowledged all D1 Del Val teams and gave a nod to the Big 5 at the end. Not going to get into any spite in the B5, I didn't go to school down there and it's not my battle but Wright acknowledged and addressed how thankful he was that the city agreed to have the day. The players said basically the same things they said at the stadium when they came home the other day. It's clear they were told to keep it short.

Philly is a basketball town. They like to think they're a football town but they are a basketball town so why not blow it out. There are 350 D1 teams. Enjoy it, this is a big deal. The day is for the people, the fans. They are the ones who want this, so good for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT