ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I’m shopping for something really expensive

PSU Mike

Jul 29, 2001
Glencoe, IL
I need opinions on what I should look for. Has to be something that will make me sound really enviable. I’ll pretend that it’s not a big deal, so as not to come off as a balloon knot. What should I get? It’s mandatory that somebody suggest something really expensive, then somebody else has to come along and name something that’s even crazier. Then yet another has to ask why I can’t get by with something simpler. C’mon, let’s get started.

I need opinions on what I should look for. Has to be something that will make me sound really enviable. I’ll pretend that it’s not a big deal, so as not to come off as a balloon knot. What should I get? It’s mandatory that somebody suggest something really expensive, then somebody else has to come along and name something that’s even crazier. Then yet another has to ask why I can’t get by with something simpler. C’mon, let’s get started.
I suggest team issued Michigan sneakers.

Hey Mike.....you can join your local country club! I’ll nominate you to the Admissions Committee (although that certainly lessens your chances) and we’ll only have to get three other character witnesses to write supporting letters.

Should take about two years and about $82,500. You can be first on your block.

Actually with your proximity to the club, you might only be the second or third or fourth on your block to be a member. But worth a shot!

Reactions: PSU Mike
bugatti_chiron_one.jpg

$3 Million.

gulfstream-g650-by-jet-planes-13.jpg

$65 million.

BeverlyHillsMansions.jpg

$85 million

Emily-Ratajkowski-Sexy-1.jpg

You can't afford it.

Fleshlight.

What you need to do is hire the OG BOT and have them waste hundreds of millions of dollars and embarrass your family name in the process.

Reactions: psuro
I've never heard the phase "balloon knot"... then again, until a week ago I hadn't ever heard the phase "window licker" either?

I'm selling my own artwork. It's very expensive. Send me a check.

A psychiatrist.

Without a doubt, a hot new mistress, nothing is more expensive.

Reactions: 91Joe95

Paul Manafort's wardrobe. Like new!

Have you considered a chateau in France? This one is a pretty good deal at about $1.6mm....

209968_3.jpg

209968_6.jpg

209968.jpg

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I thought there was an underlying intent in the OP.
Either I misread the post or the slam was much too subtle for most. In any event that's cool,have a nice day:cool:

Most-Expensive-Houses-in-the-World-Ideas.jpg

or
worlds-most-expensive-homes-for-sale-Chartwell-Estate.jpg

Buy the Eagles and let us all in for free. We'll eny you

Reactions: sluggo72

I can't remember what it's called, but I saw one in my favorite PSU Bar in Bora Bora (or was it the Maldives?)

Well I’m still trying to figure out what type of bowling alley to put in my basement? Does anyone have any idea how many lanes will fit in a 6000 square foot basement? If it helps, my neighbors are all cardiologists. Thoughts on pin manufacturer and material?

Well I’m still trying to figure out what type of bowling alley to put in my basement? Does anyone have any idea how many lanes will fit in a 6000 square foot basement? If it helps, my neighbors are all cardiologists. Thoughts on pin manufacturer and material?
3 lanes. Brunswick.

You know who you need to get beer for you.

Get a bottle, nah, a case of Pappy van Winkle 23 YO.
Funny story there. Not long after I arrived in Chicago I walked into the local Binny’s booze store and picked up a bottle of 20 year for the then-retail $90 or so for my new girlfriend’s father. I always wondered if he appreciated that later.

ADVERTISEMENT