ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Huskers win @ #23 tOSU tonight

psuguy43

Sep 28, 2002
They continued their lights out shooting. They are surprisingly very hot right now. I think they shot better than 60% against us. Rarely do you beat a team shooting so well.

Those kind of losses happen in college hoops. Unlike in football, an inferior team can get hot from 3/the field and upset a better team. It happens often around college hoops if you follow it closely.

The sky is not falling. Nebraska has a borderline (#29 overall) 5* true freshman guard. They have talent if it clicks

Last edited:
We may get matched up with these guys again next Wednesday in the first round of the big ten tournament. I hope it happens.

Reactions: psuguy43
We may get matched up with these guys again next Wednesday in the first round of the big ten tournament. I hope it happens.
I would say that that's actually probable at this point. We are going to have to pull a major upset, or UMD is going to have to lose out, to keep us with a Thursday start. As the 11 seed, we would play the 14th seed, which will be Nebraska

Reactions: bison13
Credit to Hoiberg...he has recruited a few older brothers of highly rated younger brothers to build talent...Bryce McGowens was a 5 star out of South Carolina. There is another possible brother combo in the pipeline and a 5 star from Iowa whose first name is Omaha (he was born there). If we were in their position during the lows of Dunn/DeChillis we'd be thrilled.

Credit to Hoiberg...he has recruited a few older brothers of highly rated younger brothers to build talent...Bryce McGowens was a 5 star out of South Carolina. There is another possible brother combo in the pipeline and a 5 star from Iowa whose first name is Omaha (he was born there). If we were in their position during the lows of Dunn/DeChillis we'd be thrilled.
You do know Hoibergs record in his time there, right? Let's not glorify a 21-65 record. Even ED won at Illinois in 04 (or around there) - a top 10 upset on the road.

A win does not make a program. It just goes to show that bad losses happen in college basketball

I'm well aware of who he is and what they've achieved. We are them and the are us....football schools with little to no basketball tradition or success. How many 5 star players have we had? Why the hell would a 5 star pick Nebraska? Maybe to play with their big brother therefore giving Hoiberg a chance. That's the point.

I'm well aware of who he is and what they've achieved. We are them and the are us....football schools with little to no basketball tradition or success. How many 5 star players have we had? Why the hell would a 5 star pick Nebraska? Maybe to play with their big brother therefore giving Hoiberg a chance. That's the point.
We tried that with Gabe Dorsey and Oweh (both highly ranked 4*)

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Biggest difference…their fans still support their team. As awful as they’ve been for years, they are averaging over 15k fans this season. Certainly more appealing to that 5* when he’s walking into a full house, vs the feeling walking into the BJC.

Biggest difference…their fans still support their team. As awful as they’ve been for years, they are averaging over 15k fans this season. Certainly more appealing to that 5* when he’s walking into a full house, vs the feeling walking into the BJC.
Their fans are fantastic.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT