ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How have your views on thread view vs. topic view changed?

How have your views on thread view vs. topic view changed?

• Always referred thread view

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Always preferred topic view

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Liked thread view before, now prefer topic view

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Liked topic view before, now prefer thread view

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
I was dragged kicking and screaming into topic view, but it's grown on me. I can't see how the recruiting threads would have worked in thread view. I miss the one-liners but, by and large, I've evolved.
I'm with you. I hated the change but I've come to accept it.

I still don't like it....but who cares what I think.

75sITNoaRb6DZkw4EP9k_992005871a8b03fe192753fca50bad44bcb0f357.jpe

I still dream of the thread view days, even though I only started posting recently.

It was such a happier time back then, being able to only view the responses you wanted to view; ah those were the days.

Sometimes I picture myself going for long walks on the beach with thread view; oh how I miss thee...

Reactions: NedFromYork
Didn’t like topic view, gave it a chance and it hasn’t grown on me, so I still don’t like it. As a matter of fact, a couple of days ago I was perusing the board and wished there was a way I could easily make a decision to look at a thread or not, and then remembered how great thread view was.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I still believe that thread view is better, but that is merely a distant memory for me now.

The best part of topic view is the ability to move pertinent topics to the top.

Everything else? Not even close. When you have 6 pages of stuff to sift thru, it's annoying. If I wanted to respond to someone on a particular subject, it was ez. Here, your post ends up on mid-page 4 and the person u replied to mioght respond but no one knows.

Thread view forever (sure, I adjusted.. had no choice... but i'd go back in a heartbeat).

Reactions: PSU87 and LionJim
The best part of topic view is the ability to move pertinent topics to the top.

Everything else? Not even close. When you have 6 pages of stuff to sift thru, it's annoying. If I wanted to respond to someone on a particular subject, it was ez. Here, your post ends up on mid-page 4 and the person u replied to mioght respond but no one knows.

Thread view forever (sure, I adjusted.. had no choice... but i'd go back in a heartbeat).

If you quote them or put an @ in front of their handle, they'll see you responded to them...if they don't reply, maybe it's a you thing ;)

I still dream of the thread view days, even though I only started posting recently.

It was such a happier time back then, being able to only view the responses you wanted to view; ah those were the days.

Sometimes I picture myself going for long walks on the beach with thread view; oh how I miss thee...

giphy.gif

don't recall indicating whether someone bothering to reply or not was my issue or concern... only that it was easier to pick and choose what mattered in thread view..easier to see places where you want to jump in.. was pretty easy and did not require my figuring out quotes or using symbols to gain attention.

in short, 9 times out of 10 i really don't care whether someone replies (often, I don't get to read follow-ups for at least 24 hrs). Like most voters (so far) I thought the old way was better.

BUSHIE!!!!!!!!

Reactions: LionJim
Topic view is the GOAT. You get to read everyone’s opinion without shuffling back and forth leaving no stone unturned. With that, everyone, especially the haters, get a better opportunity to read my opinion in this matter. :p

Last edited:
It still baffles my mind that there are people who prefer thread view.
Guess that’s why we are all different
When was the last time a thread view thread got 2 million views btw?

It still baffles my mind that there are people who prefer thread view.
Guess that’s why we are all different
When was the last time a thread view thread got 2 million views btw?
It still baffles my mind that there are people that prefer topic view :)
When was the last time we had a top 5 class? You really think the 2 million views was because of topic view?????

Reactions: Fac
It still baffles my mind that there are people that prefer topic view :)
When was the last time we had a top 5 class? You really think the 2 million views was because of topic view?????
yes, it was absolutely because of topic view

I was dragged kicking and screaming into topic view, but it's grown on me. I can't see how the recruiting threads would have worked in thread view. I miss the one-liners but, by and large, I've evolved.
You quoted me before I did Jim. Similar experience. This is how it works so I adapted.

Didn’t like topic view, gave it a chance and it hasn’t grown on me, so I still don’t like it. As a matter of fact, a couple of days ago I was perusing the board and wished there was a way I could easily make a decision to look at a thread or not, and then remembered how great thread view was.
If you hover over the title before clicking you can see a slightly longer message preview of the first post. It's still not thread view, but it helps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT