ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How does this make you feel?

Think Ill have some Szechuan Shrimp for lunch and wash it down with a Moscow Mule waiting for another Julian Fleming post

It makes me feel that your post should be on the Test Board.
There's always been OT posts about major military threats on this board. We have the navy of a nuclear adversary (and another adversary that owns most of our debt) who is currently at war with a country that we are arming and bankrolling just off the coast of US territory. But we aren't supposed to be allowed to discuss that?

There's always been OT posts about major military threats on this board. We have the navy of a nuclear adversary (and another adversary that owns most of our debt) who is currently at war with a country that we are arming and bankrolling just off the coast of US territory. But we aren't supposed to be allowed to discuss that?
stay frightened very very frightened....

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Not much. Our Navy would whip them out in seconds if they wanted. Two paper tigers still don't beat an actual tiger.
I’m pretty sure you right about Russia.

Not sure at all about the Chicoms.

Last edited:
Sit down and have a look at China's ships.
As of right now, they are no match for our navy. And it isn't even close.
Perhaps not @ this time, but they are building a sizeable fleet including ballistic missile subs. I know Russia has issues, particularly maintenence of vessels. However, collectively and in coordination, those two navies can become very lethal.

Perhaps not @ this time, but they are building a sizeable fleet including ballistic missile subs. I know Russia has issues, particularly maintenence of vessels. However, collectively and in coordination, those two navies can become very lethal.

Do they also have a time machine where they can bring ships from the future that don't currently exist?

Reactions: TN Lion and hlstone
Do they also have a time machine where they can bring ships from the future that don't currently exist?
Russia is a wounded animal with nukes at their disposal and a leader that knows he won't live for long. It doesn't need to be a rational response for them if we intercede with force and it would change the world radically.

China holds most of our debt and has been engaged in unfair monetary practices, currency manipulation, technology espionage, and potentially biological warfare. They are also lead by a potentially non-rational actor.

These 2 nations are conducting joint naval operations right off of the US coast line.

Democrat voters who gave us open borders, increasing violent crime, defund the police, a hasty withdrawal from Afghanistan while leaving behind thousands of Americans and American friends, among other brilliant security ideas now telling us it's nothing to worry about is not in any way comforting.

You have a right to your tedious opinions, but not an audience. Welcome to Ignore.

Reactions: nikko57
Certainly the U.S. military is aware but they are tied up right now with woke training classes for the armed services.
My experience has been that people who use the word "woke" usually lack the ability to either understand or discuss complex issues --- much easier to just blame the term "woke" for the problem. It gets tired.

My experience has been that people who use the word "woke" usually lack the ability to either understand or discuss complex issues --- much easier to just blame the term "woke" for the problem. It gets tired.
I fully understand the word. I'm retired from the military, have close affiliation and contact with current active duty personnel, and am fully aware of the problems with the senior leadership in our armed forces. It is not good. There is a reason new enlistments are way behind the quotas and it flows from the leadership having the wrong focus. Potential recruits are being warned to hold off on joining. Readiness is suffering.

Russia is a wounded animal with nukes at their disposal and a leader that knows he won't live for long. It doesn't need to be a rational response for them if we intercede with force and it would change the world radically.

China holds most of our debt and has been engaged in unfair monetary practices, currency manipulation, technology espionage, and potentially biological warfare. They are also lead by a potentially non-rational actor.

These 2 nations are conducting joint naval operations right off of the US coast line.

Democrat voters who gave us open borders, increasing violent crime, defund the police, a hasty withdrawal from Afghanistan while leaving behind thousands of Americans and American friends, among other brilliant security ideas now telling us it's nothing to worry about is not in any way comforting.

I'll agree with you up to the last paragraph...of which I think there is plenty of blame to go around. As a centrist who has been in both parties I no longer drink anyone's Kool Aid.

Is Doctor Oz our answer? Fetterman? Which can best represent OUR voices? Both are flawed but we have to choose. No one party is correct all of the time...truth lacks across media outlets...common sense is gone and everyone parrots whatever their favorite cable news anchor quacks at them.

We are a mess...and have been since 9/11/01

I'll agree with you up to the last paragraph...of which I think there is plenty of blame to go around. As a centrist who has been in both parties I no longer drink anyone's Kool Aid.

Is Doctor Oz our answer? Fetterman? Which can best represent OUR voices? Both are flawed but we have to choose. No one party is correct all of the time...truth lacks across media outlets...common sense is gone and everyone parrots whatever their favorite cable news anchor quacks at them.

We are a mess...and have been since 9/11/01
Fetterman has medical issues and isn't fit for office. If dems get him elected, he'll immediately be replaced.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Fetterman has medical issues and isn't fit for office. If dems get him elected, he'll immediately be replaced.
Yep.

But anyone who would definitely vote blue would never change for Oz due to the stroke.

Those of us in the middle are left with an awful choice. Just because he isn't medically unfit doesn't automatically make Oz a good choice for PA interests. All of his ads speak to platitudes of a broader national platform.... nothing specific about our Commonwealth.

That's where we stand....an outsider who is not aligned nor beholden to PA voters or a dude who appears to be a shadow of himself...at least at the moment.

No putting lipstick on either pig...but gotta pick one.

Yep.

But anyone who would definitely vote blue would never change for Oz due to the stroke.

Those of us in the middle are left with an awful choice. Just because he isn't medically unfit doesn't automatically make Oz a good choice for PA interests. All of his ads speak to platitudes of a broader national platform.... nothing specific about our Commonwealth.

That's where we stand....an outsider who is not aligned nor beholden to PA voters or a dude who appears to be a shadow of himself...at least at the moment.

Well one is on video talking about releasing as many prisoners as possible. That makes the choice pretty simple for me.

I don’t think he estimated his intellect. Nor did he really say anything for you to estimate it. Maybe you got “triggered”. Is that still a thing?
The word woke was used and Northwoods was the one triggered. Northwoods made the claim that anyone using that one word isn't smart which most people would agree isn't a very smart assumption.

Yep.

Well, as a US Senator he will be discussing and voting on national and global issues. He won’t be dealing with state taxes, regulations, local crime or any other state issues.

But those national issues will have major state and local affects. Securing the border will affect illegal immigration, crime, drug supplies, economic burden for local schools and hospitals. National tax and spending bills affect state economies and budgets. Improving the process for pipelines, refining, drilling, and more will help lower our energy bills and strengthen the country’s safety. Putting a stop to radical clown party policies will be a big help. Hopefully, he and the Rs can help calm down the racial divide the evil ones have stirred up.

Having him in the Senate is a huge improvement over Fetterman no matter where he was born and where he lives. And by the way, he was born in Cleveland Ohio and his father was a professor at Case Western Reserve.

Last edited:
The only way to defend supporting current democrat policies is with lies or pure comedic fantasy. Tell us you aren't particularly smart without telling us you aren't smart.

At this point if they don't understand that they have hurt themselves and their own families with that misguided support then there is little hope. God help them from themselves.

I don't think you fully understand what holding most of our debt means and who is actually in charge in that situation. Let me give you a hint, it isn't China. China knows that.

Oh BTW, we can shut off oil supply to China in a split second if we wanted to. We can also starve them in a split second if we wanted to. China is fully dependent on the US for its very existence. Although, it won't be much longer that they exist in their current form. They are on the verge of a demographic collapse.

Oh and BTW, you complained about someone asking about this being on the test board, and then you flagrantly bring up politics. Good job.

I don't think you fully understand what holding most of our debt means and who is actually in charge in that situation. Let me give you a hint, it isn't China. China knows that.

Oh BTW, we can shut off oil supply to China in a split second if we wanted to. We can also starve them in a split second if we wanted to. China is fully dependent on the US for its very existence. Although, it won't be much longer that they exist in their current form. They are on the verge of a demographic collapse.

Oh and BTW, you complained about someone asking about this being on the test board, and then you flagrantly bring up politics. Good job.
You do bring up a good point. Everyone talks about the Chinese holding US debt as if it’s some kind of power over us. However China has no interest in seeing US default because that would cause global financial meltdown. Just like when somebody owes you money on a private debt you have to play nice with them because you’re screwed if they don’t pay you

Bwahahahahaha! You poor deluded sap. I'm not very worried about the frickin' Russian navy right about now. Same goes for the Chinese. You DO realize, don't you, that OUR navy has been regularly cruising through the Strait of Taiwan. Small wonder that the Chinese are returning the favor.

Bwahahahahaha! You poor deluded sap. I'm not very worried about the frickin' Russian navy right about now. Same goes for the Chinese. You DO realize, don't you, that OUR navy has been regularly cruising through the Strait of Taiwan. Small wonder that the Chinese are returning the favor.
It is comforting to know that this administration has been escalating military posturing with both Russia and China as well as they are having the favor returned. That does seem like a really good thing now that you describe it from a liberal point of view. Thanks.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

It is comforting to know that this administration has been escalating military posturing with both Russia and China as well as they are having the favor returned. That does seem like a really good thing now that you describe it from a liberal point of view. Thanks.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE
Silly me. I thought that upholding the principle of freedom of navigation of international waters was long established U.S. policy, and that it did not have a political component. You obviously disagree.

So what, pray tell, is your solution? Are you recommending that, in the interest of ensuring that we do not offend any other countries, we avoid any kind of confrontation with foreign military vessels which operate relatively close to our shores, and at the same time abandon the Strait of Taiwan, the Suez Canal, the Gulf of Aden, and a host of other navigable bodies of international water, to the countries with coastline adjoining those bodies of water (e.g., China, Yemen, Somalia, etc.)?

Silly me. I thought that upholding the principle of freedom of navigation of international waters was long established U.S. policy, and that it did not have a political component. You obviously disagree.

So what, pray tell, is your solution? Are you recommending that, in the interest of ensuring that we do not offend any other countries, we avoid any kind of confrontation with foreign military vessels which operate relatively close to our shores, and at the same time abandon the Strait of Taiwan, the Suez Canal, the Gulf of Aden, and a host of other navigable bodies of international water, to the countries with coastline adjoining those bodies of water (e.g., China, Yemen, Somalia, etc.)?
I advocate having a competent and uncompromised CINC that other countries respect enough that adversaries aren't emboldened to probe our responses and resolve just of our shores. Weakness invites this.

ADVERTISEMENT