ADVERTISEMENT

Sitting in IMAX in Randolph, MA waiting for the movie to start. Hoping it can touch saving private Ryan.

Temper expectations and enjoy. Also, note how time plays a role in the film's structure - the evacuation/mole scenes take place over a week; the civilian boat rescue a day; and the air combat an hour. No one uses time in film as well as Nolan.

Reactions: preshlock
Temper expectations and enjoy. Also, note how time plays a role in the film's structure - the evacuation/mole scenes take place over a week; the civilian boat rescue a day; and the air combat an hour. No one uses time in film as well as Nolan.

Thought the three interwoven stories was well done. Excellent movie - the movie stresses you out the entire time. Mentally exhausting.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Even though the active involvement of the civilian boat rescue was just one day, and the air battle just an hour... I wonder if they had showed glimpses of these characters early as the British troops were staging and waiting to be rescued. It may have given my wife more connection to the characters?

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Saw it tonight in digital IMAX. Theatre was crowded. After some time getting used to the shift in time and perspectives, the movie was intense and I think Nolan was correct. Not a war movie, but a movie about survival. The movie is also about duty.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
ADVERTISEMENT