ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Happy Belated Birthday to Bill Murray, hit the big 7-0 yesterday.

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
Groundhog Day and Lost in Translation are two that will last.

oAVn-QR4bPul.jpg

I love this guy. Who doesn't?

He's always been my first answer to the question "Who would be the 3 or 4 people you would want to have dinner with, if you could pick anyone in the world?"

Bill Murray is my first pick. John Prine was my second pick -- Bill Murray was a big fan -- but John passed away because of Covid-19 earlier this year. My third pick was Yogi Berra, but he's been gone since 2015.

I love this guy. Who doesn't?

He's always been my first answer to the question "Who would be the 3 or 4 people you would want to have dinner with, if you could pick anyone in the world?"

Bill Murray is my first pick. John Prine was my second pick -- Bill Murray was a big fan -- but John passed away because of Covid-19 earlier this year. My third pick was Yogi Berra, but he's been gone since 2015.
that would be a great thread. I'd pick a politician...perhaps Jimmy Carter or Putin/Jinping. Murry, Clapton or McCartney would be at the top of this list in terms of artists.

Groundhog Day and Lost in Translation are two that will last.

oAVn-QR4bPul.jpg
I just watched him last night in The Monuments Men.
I never saw that film before and really enjoyed it. Bill was part of an all-star cast that included George Clooney, Matt Damon, John Goodman, Cate Blanchet, and Hugh Bonneville. Happy Birthday Bill.

Reactions: Bob78
It was his birthday, and No. 70 to boot? Well, he has THAT goin' for him. Which is nice.

How about a belated birthday wish (September 20) for Miss Sophia Loren? 86 years young...

a8a2a11d3ba7c1d6815db7defe1872b7.jpg

sophia-loren-en-tournage.jpg

In 1985, I was working for Ritz Camera at Boscov's in Wilkes- Barre. Al Boscov, in a big publicity stunt, brought Sophia to his WB store for the day. He even went to the expense of hiring two carpenters to remodel two adjoining hotel suites at the Sheraton in downtown for her. Around mid morning, a PR person comes down and asks for someone to take some publicity photos for the store. We worked on commission and the manager was one who never saw a sale he didn't like, so he handed me a camera and several rolls of film and for the next three hours, I got to sit next to Miss Loren, not fully social distance, and take pictures of her signing autographs. I myself didn't ask for one, that's not something that interest's me, so I just contented myself to sit next to one of the worlds most beautiful women for about three hours. Of course I got some of the pictures I took.

I lost all respect for him when I learned he was a woman beater.
I wouldn't be too quick to jump to that conclusion. I am close to a woman who is an expert witness of abuse. (PHD in Psych and a Law Degree). Kids are often "coached up" to make that accusations. This is especially true with people that have a public reputation to protect. They often settle out of court because there is no way to prove it didn't happen. His ex is no Sunday trip to the beach, BTW.

I am not saying he was or was not guilty, just stating that I approach these things skeptically from both sides.

In one case, a couple was divorcing. The dad moved out and had every other weekend. He was shaving and his phone rang, which was in the bedroom across the hall. He walked across the hall and his towel slipped and his 6 year old daughter saw and told mom. She accused him of exposing himself. When questions were asked by the lawyers, the kid was "coached up" to say that he did it on purpose, did it previously, and touched her inappropriately. Upon questioning, with an anatomically correct doll, the kid broke down and admitted mom coached her up to say these things.

While abuse is common, sadly, this is also "not rare"....especially when one of the parents has some kind of substance or anger problem.

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to that conclusion. I am close to a woman who is an expert witness of abuse. (PHD in Psych and a Law Degree). Kids are often "coached up" to make that accusations. This is especially true with people that have a public reputation to protect. They often settle out of court because there is no way to prove it didn't happen. His ex is no Sunday trip to the beach, BTW.

I am not saying he was or was not guilty, just stating that I approach these things skeptically from both sides.

In one case, a couple was divorcing. The dad moved out and had every other weekend. He was shaving and his phone rang, which was in the bedroom across the hall. He walked across the hall and his towel slipped and his 6 year old daughter saw and told mom. She accused him of exposing himself. When questions were asked by the lawyers, the kid was "coached up" to say that he did it on purpose, did it previously, and touched her inappropriately. Upon questioning, with an anatomically correct doll, the kid broke down and admitted mom coached her up to say these things.

While abuse is common, sadly, this is also "not rare"....especially when one of the parents has some kind of substance or anger problem.
True, but her problems don't exonnerate him

Reactions: mn78psu83
Trying to "Lighten Up" this thread. Lost my virginity the night that I took my date to see Caddyshack that premiered at our local theatre in 1980. Was the best 15 seconds that my date ever had.....In her basement.....When her parents were home! Ah the memories!!!

Reactions: LionJim
It's probably just me, but I want to like these people when I like their work. Woody Allen made that impossible, and then Neil Young, and then I discover stuff about jackson browne. I am expecting these people to be perfect and they are not

Reactions: Obliviax
It's probably just me, but I want to like these people when I like their work. Woody Allen made that impossible, and then Neil Young, and then I discover stuff about jackson browne. I am expecting these people to be perfect and they are not
Well, they are targets because of their deep pockets. They also often feel entitled and are prone to violence when they don’t get their way. Also their public personas cause them to need to settle so they are often charged and settle out of court.

i know a guy who was an alternate on the Robert Blake trial. He retired and went to every Day of the Michael Jackson trial. He said the media reporting was horrific and both guys were easily innocent. But many people, including jurists were paid a lot of money to say that these guys were guilty.

personally I’ve seen a lot of women make up a lot of stuff in custody cases. I try to keep an open mind both ways. Just because someone is accused it doesn’t mean they are guilty

ADVERTISEMENT