ADVERTISEMENT

OT--Going to see the Beachboys and Temptations this Thursday

psurudy

May 29, 2001
at the brand new Rose Music Center in Huber Heights,Oho. Saw Tower of Power and Boz Skaggs last month aand the venue and show was great. Anyone seen the Beachboys and Temps recently. Comments-reviews. TIA

Reactions: fairgambit
at the brand new Rose Music Center in Huber Heights,Oho. Saw Tower of Power and Boz Skaggs last month aand the venue and show was great. Anyone seen the Beachboys and Temps recently. Comments-reviews. TIA
How was Box Skaggs?? He's coming here, and was just curious if it would be worth it.

The Temptations are down to one original living member--Otis Williams--so they are hardly the Tempts of old.

I did take this picture of the Beach Boys hanging out between shows in Vegas.
grumpy-old-men.jpg

***Sorry psurudy. I really am a fan, and if they came to Pittsburgh, I'd probably go see them.

Fairgambit--thanks for the laugh.Sluggo--Boz played for a little over an hour. Most of his songs were from his most recent album. He did Lowdown,Ledo nd a few other hits. He is 71 and his voice is still strong. Great backup band and Monet is a great back uup singer. Tower of Power rocked for 90minutes.

How was Box Skaggs?? He's coming here, and was just curious if it would be worth it.

Saw Boz in York last week. We thought he did great. Played for about 1:40. Agree about Monet. Didn't realize he was such a good guitar player.

The Temptations are down to one original living member--Otis Williams--so they are hardly the Tempts of old.

I played the Temptations last year, and while they are not the original guys, they sound pretty much the same and were terrific. The Beach Boys, on the other hand, would greatly benefit if the current group is not the original set. Those guys couldn't sing worth a damn! I have no idea how they got those records together, because if you heard them live, it was unrecognizable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT